Books - what are you reading? (Official Book Thread)

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I got you breh :myman:

9780887387173_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

515CuIBs-IL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

41K0S6ANYEL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51GCYVJT1RL._SY300_.jpg

41J19G10E4L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

any websites outside of Amazon to get these?

some of these books range from 150 to 300 dollars

lemme know before i drop this bread on it

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

You can do a google.com/books or shopping.google.com search
Then you can compare prices to get the cheapest one

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afr...8717&ean=9780887387173&isbn=9780887387173&r=1

I did a quick search and found a cheapest price for the Africans in Asia book

Plus theres alot of these in any library if you want to read it and buy it later

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

I'd find a black bookstore or an ebook before dropping that bread. I felt the same way as you when I seen them prices. Worse part is they weren't that much a few years ago. Van Sertima and Nkrumah books got hella expensive outta nowhere.....wonder why...
full

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I'd find a black bookstore or an ebook before dropping that bread. I felt the same way as you when I seen them prices. Worse part is they weren't that much a few years ago. Van Sertima and Nkrumah books got hella expensive outta nowhere.....wonder why...
full

i swear i was thinking the same thing bro

Muzion

All Star
Daps
About the conflict between intuitive and rational decision-making. Peep the reviews. It will change how you approach every decision you take, reevaluate everything you've ever believed to be true.

9780374275631.jpg

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
About the conflict between intuitive and rational decision-making. Peep the reviews. It will change how you approach every decision you take, reevaluate everything you've ever believed to be true.

9780374275631.jpg

Did you post this book in HL too? I saw it in the book thread there and bought it cuz it sounded interesting as hell.

Muzion

All Star
Daps
Did you post this book in HL too? I saw it in the book thread there and bought it cuz it sounded interesting as hell.
I didn't but I'm sure someone else did. I knew I had to read it since I've seen it referenced at least 10 times in my other readings. I'm about people to peep that thread it fits more what I'm looking for.

Cheeky

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Calgary
@Cheeky give me some more piff breh :sadcam:

:laugh: Do you like martial arts? I can recommend a great trilogy set in China that involves a martial arts God. Check out Kylie Chan.

kyliechan.jpg

Also, have you read the Temeraire dragon series by Naomi Novik? I haven't read the last one but I've loved all of the ones I have read. The dragon that this series is based on has a distinct personality and it's set back in Napolean times so it's interesting also. Hope you like this.

Temeraire_books_1-6.jpg

Finally, if you haven't read Patrick Rothfuss' "The Name of The Wind", you lost. ("A Wise Man's Fear" is the follow up.) It's sort of like Harry Potter for grown ups- I loved it.

Told in Kvothe's own voice, this is the tale of the magically gifted young man who grows to be the most notorious wizard his world has ever seen. The intimate narrative of his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-ridden city, his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a legendary school of magic, and his life as a fugitive after the murder of a king form a gripping coming-of-age story unrivaled in recent literature. A high-action story written with a poet's hand, The Name of the Wind is a masterpiece that will transport readers into the body and mind of a wizard

Patrick-Rothfuss-Name-of-the-Wind.jpg

I can come back with some more later. Let me know what type of fantasy you like and I'm sure I can provide a good rec for you. :queen:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:laugh: Do you like martial arts? I can recommend a great trilogy set in China that involves a martial arts God. Check out Kylie Chan.

kyliechan.jpg

Also, have you read the Temeraire dragon series by Naomi Novik? I haven't read the last one but I've loved all of the ones I have read. The dragon that this series is based on has a distinct personality and it's set back in Napolean times so it's interesting also. Hope you like this.

Temeraire_books_1-6.jpg

Finally, if you haven't read Patrick Rothfuss' "The Name of The Wind", you lost. ("A Wise Man's Fear" is the follow up.) It's sort of like Harry Potter for grown ups- I loved it.

Patrick-Rothfuss-Name-of-the-Wind.jpg
I can come back with some more later. Let me know what type of fantasy you like and I'm sure I can provide a good rec for you. :stop:

mc63t.gif
i fukk with all of those things.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
@2Quik4UHoes

http://www.shrinebookstore.com/store.aspx

they was out of stock...but i seen it on here for 30 dollars

they gotta alot of books too :ehh:

They gotta fix this set up, but it look like I got some heat. I got a black bookstore I go to by Howard campus but I can't remember if they got Van Sertima they got just about everything else tho the selection is just :ohlawd:.

I'll explore the site more later tho.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
@observe @Desirous @IronFist @Blackking @Grand Cru Boo

any ideas for the holidays? some suggestions? also any books i can give to my little cousins? they like 10 and up

i just ordered these classics to read again over the holidays, its been a while

autobio of malcolm x
think and grow rich
why nations fail
mis education fo the negro

Autobio about a kid who's escapes the rebel army when they came into town..he's on the run with other kids..good book..you might wanna read it yaself

fsGGiQl.png

Sons and daughters tell stories about their parents who were revoltionaires in the 60s

ltl8wMT.png