Boogie makes Kings remove Chinese New Year"Year of the Monkey" shirts because of Black History Month

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
charles-barkley-1-sized.jpg
He went to Auburn. They teach c00nery in that shyt town :skip:

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
:what:

The Year of the Monkey is for the Chinese, it has NOTHING to do with black people. What is he standing up to? His own ignorance?

You gotta get some fukkin perspective breh, everything you say you make it race related
Unfortunately most things ARE race related, it's the ignorance that runs this world.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
How many Chinese nikkas play in the NBA tho?
Exactly.
This is blk history month, 85% of the leauge is blk....
California itself has a significant Chinese population and China is one of the biggest growing markets for basketball. It's not about the players but the people watching. Houston does it also with Chinese New Year jersey's because of the visibility Yao gave them to China.

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
California itself has a significant Chinese population and China is one of the biggest growing markets for basketball. It's not about the players but the people watching. Houston does it also with Chinese New Year jersey's because of the visibility Yao gave them to China.
No players, no game... if the majority blk players dont feel comfortable, then take it down. Case closed.

Daps
Y'all leave yellow thoughts alone.....:mjlol:.

I :salute:cousins for this. Most athletes wouldn't even stand up and say anything. Yeah yeah I know it is the Chinese new year......shyt I go to China every month.

But that shyt takes guts for Cousins to stand up on this and shows that these athletes and young black folks are more aware of shyt than we think.
Nah, this doesn't take guts. Not that I care about too much about CNY, but this is an ill-advised take of activism. There's no need for Boogie to take a stand against this.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It's almost like y'all don't get how something that's completely unrelated could've been a huge PR gaffe for a league that somehow made one of it's biggest racists magically not exist in less than 2 years.

It also shows you just how many racially unaware whites work in the league, to not even realize just how epic of a fukk up that could've been :snoop:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
We ain't in China. fukk this year of the monkey bullshyt. The Chinese aren't celebrating black history month, so why the fukk are these players supposed to give a damn about Chinese New Year?

:camby:

it's funny you used the Camby smiley.... China is a huge NBA market, because of Yao.

The NBA cares about the dollars Chinese fans bring in... giving them even more merchandise that's catered towards them is an easy money grab.

why did you think the NBA even made them special edition jerseys for the Rockets and Warriors?