Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
That's exactly my point though. Houston offered Capela $90 million and told him to find a higher offer, which didn't and why he ended up accepting what Houston originally offered. ATL was essentially competing against themselves and offered him an amount that he wouldn't have gotten elsewhere.

He wasn't taking the QO and turning down the money as no other team would have been able to offer him the 5 the way that ATL was.
Yeah, but Capela wasn't taking a QO. With the way everything played out, there's a question if John MIGHT have. He would've got a (near)max from Dallas or San Antonio day 1 this season if he was unrestricted, they just didn't wanna tie their FA up for 3 days, which Schlenk would've dragged out. Chicago, on the other hand, knew they could immediately sign Lonzo because NO was trying to free up cap space themselves. I really think John would've bet on himself getting a max on the open market next year over taking that same 4/90.

Either way, he only really got 10 million more from us over the 4 years we offered, with a chance for him to make the same money(not more) in an extra year that, knowing him, he's probably opting out of anyway.

I think John and Schlenk both won with this deal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yeah, but Capela wasn't taking a QO. With the way everything played out, there's a question if John MIGHT have. He would've got a (near)max from Dallas or San Antonio day 1 this season if he was unrestricted, they just didn't wanna tie their FA up for 3 days, which Schlenk would've dragged out. Chicago, on the other hand, knew they could immediately sign Lonzo because NO was trying to free up cap space themselves. I really think John would've bet on himself getting a max on the open market next year over taking that same 4/90.

Either way, he only really got 10 million more from us over the 4 years we offered, with a chance for him to make the same money(not more) in an extra year that, knowing him, he's probably opting out of anyway.

I think John and Schlenk both won with this deal

And Collins wasn't going to take the QO either. Rarely has any player coming off their rookie contract done so. The only I can remember in recent memory was Greg Monroe and he only ended up with $60 million after.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I'm surprised that they didn't try and do him like Houston did with Capela where they got him to take the $90 by telling him to go find an offer sheet with a higher amount and come back to us with it.

We already offered JC 4/90 before last season which he declined so it was going to take a little bit more to get it done. 5th year is a player option so they weren’t far off from that initial offer and I think in general it’s good business to not low ball your guys. It’s a fair deal imo

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Smh. Why can't we just keep Ryan :to:

He doesn’t work for Entercom anymore :yeshrug: so there’s promotions and digital things they want to do for the Hawks that he contractually can’t do b/c he’s on Majic 107.5 so it makes sense from a business perspective, sucks for Ryan tho. He’s been the voice of the Hawks as a PA guy for 20 years

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
He doesn’t work for Entercom anymore :yeshrug: so there’s promotions and digital things they want to do for the Hawks that he contractually can’t do b/c he’s on Majic 107.5 so it makes sense from a business perspective, sucks for Ryan tho. He’s been the voice of the Hawks as a PA guy for 20 years

Yea. I bet the Hawks wasn't even tryna get rid of Ryan. I can almost guarantee it was a higher up from Entercom/Audacy that made that call.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Yea. I bet the Hawks wasn't even tryna get rid of Ryan. I can almost guarantee it was a higher up from Entercom/Audacy that made that call.

That's what I'm saying. This radio vs that radio... People over complicating things and sticking to dumb rules.

He's been doing this forever. He is great at it. Let him keep doing it. :francis:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Welcome back Lemon Pepper!

So our current depth chart assuming the Delon Wright trade gets completed (Sharife is on a two-way contract which means he doesn’t count towards the 15-man roster)…

PG - Trae/Wright/(Sharife on two-way)
SG - Bogi/Kevin/Lou
SF - Dre/Cam/Solo
PF - John/Gallo/Jalen
C - Cap/OO/Dieng

Wonder if the Hawks sign Trillsap to the last roster spot?