Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Full context:

https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/s...hy-cam-reddish-will-not-play-in-summer-league

Atlanta Hawks CEO Steve Koonin joined Dukes & Bell and talked about the teams offseason thus far including the reason why Cam Reddish is not playing in summer league.

When asked why Reddish wasn’t participating in summer league.

“There are two pieces, Cam was gonna play and Okongwu was gonna play, and you know the big O unfortunately is injured and had to have surgery,” Koonin said. “And the way Cam felt coming back from the playoffs he did not feel rest and we saw a great performance in the playoffs, so he asked to opt out and we said great.”

“Our rookies and our two ways, and our G-league team will get more time, it’s five games it’s no big deal. But when we thought Cam was gonna be playing for us we weren’t seeing him playing game five and game six against Milwaukee like he did.”

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
we'll we gonna have to wait to see cause those two games for me don't discount the 40 I saw where he barely looked like a rotational piece.

like usual I guess we all gonna give cam a pass. can he be better than dillon Brooks this year? stay tuned

Cam having legit STANS is wild to me. I understand seeing the potential but he’s been an inconsistent average player at best so far. But to be fair, he has spent 99% of his professional career under LP so I’m willing to give him a pass for that because everybody looked subpar under LP.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
exactly..folks clowning #37 for Cleveland and if cam couldn't get off and avg a cool 20 what would that look like.

so far he's never shot over 40% or 30% from 3..on a sizzling 11ppg..stop babying that nikka. if yall wanna fawn over him in a skills competition go ahead I want complete basketball players.. like I said I root for cam I'm just not into handing out participation ribbons...JC Came into summer league..looked all world and we shut him down. that progress carried into the season and he got paid. well wait to see what cam got

folks been clowning him since 2008 :troll:

the Summer League is no different than the Arizona Fall League in baseball. If Pache gets called back up in September and ends up hitting 2 HRs in the NLCS, you think we're sending him to compete against AAAA nobodies? Probably not.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
we'll we gonna have to wait to see cause those two games for me don't discount the 40 I saw where he barely looked like a rotational piece.

like usual I guess we all gonna give cam a pass. can he be better than dillon Brooks this year? stay tuned

Cam having legit STANS is wild to me. I understand seeing the potential but he’s been an inconsistent average player at best so far. But to be fair, he has spent 99% of his professional career under LP so I’m willing to give him a pass for that because everybody looked subpar under LP.

Thanks for posting more of the interview:

Im actually more bothered about it now…one that a rotational player who hasn’t cemented himself in the league asking to opt out of an opportunity to learn and get better, two that the team acquiesced to that demand and three that Cam asked out after playing well in a couple of games

I’m willing to give Cam an opportunity under LP but this was a missed opportunity for Cam and the organization to say “We’re not good enough, now is the time to get better”

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

:dame: but Cam LOOKS like a superstar more than anybody I've seen in a Hawks jersey since 98. On a team led by little ass Trae, odd body John, and unassuming Dre, he's the one that pops the most on the screen. He is like everything all our underachieving wings from Demarr Johnson to Marvin Williams were supposed to be. It's superficial, but it plays a part in his mystique. Plus he's pretty much the most respected player by his HS/AAU peers in this current generation. Take all that hype and add the end of his first two seasons and it makes sense.

Really he and Dre aren't far from having a comparable amount of games showing their true promise, with Cam having his hot streak at the end of his rookie year and Dre having his this past year. Dre has just been healthier and his lows have been higher than Cam's. They're both in that "just stay healthy and on track and you can be that guy" category for me, even if they might be at different places within that space :manny:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
ATL brehs, answer this however you can. But Omar Cooper look like he got Marlo type tendencies if you know what I mean

Has breh ever caught a body out here???

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
ATL brehs, answer this however you can. But Omar Cooper look like he got Marlo type tendencies if you know what I mean

Has breh ever caught a body out here???
From all I got, he's been legit. Not in the streets.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
What should we edit the title of the thread to ya'll? We will stick with this thread till training camp where we will create a new thread.