Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The strangest part to me was how the initial reports (Givony?) phrased it "Hawks want to reset their rookie scale contracts" like WTF does that mean lmao. I think I'm pretty versed on the front office nomenclature but even I was googling, like is that a salary cap loophole or something lol. Just say TRADE them

I know we're all high on him but for me the dumb part is trading a young guy who can easily contribute just to draft an unknown. It aint even about what he can do as a franchise pillar to me. He can be a bench threat next season and then re-evaluate from there. It's like why have someone in College Park when you got a good player now
It's hoe babble. If you trade Reddish and he's a top 50 player next year and you swap a pick, you might as well resign if you are a GM. You better have drafted Giannis to cover for the shenanigans. There is no Giannis in this draft.

I don't see how you trade a player who can be a top 25 player in this league going into his 3rd year, swap a fukking 1st rounder and draft an older player like Chris Duarte who's not even as good as Reddish right now and he's older and expect to keep your job. The owner will fire your ass in mach speed. He thinks the ECF makes him safe but his as was about to get fired with LP. He needs to be smart. Being a dumbass will have you at home. Trading Luka could be a mistake but we got Trae who doing work even if it's not as much as Luka. Trading Cam for some bullshyt, you deserve what you get. This is all fake anyway but if he does fukk around, with the fukk arounds and fukk around and get smoked. I am all for him getting his head blown the fukk off. That would instantly be the worst trade in franchise history and we traded Bill Russell.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
just want to trade for a player who is further away from having to get paid aka trading a 3rd year guy for a fresh rookie who you control longer at a cheaper price point.

Exactly. I figured it out eventually but when i first read i was confused lmao

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Damn, yall way higher on Cam than me. Yall Got me reconsidering :leon:

Never want to trade him for some wack draft pick tho :whoa:

This upcoming season will be a pivotal season for him.

We will get a clearer picture on which way his career is going to go.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you’re trading Cam it’d have to be part of a package to get another star, not some wack ass lottery pick. GM has drafted pretty good so far, but that can and probably will change

just run it back and use next year to find out who will be here long term

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If you’re trading Cam it’d have to be part of a package to get another star, not some wack ass lottery pick. GM has drafted pretty good so far, but that can and probably will change

just run it back and use next year to find out who will be here long term

Cam hasn't proven enough to fetch a star player :gucci:

Steezy

Career 13 ppg scorer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Atlanta
cam a dog but he’s had what… 15 good games in his career. I’m not so stuck on him being the savior of Atlanta when hunter has been twice as productive and took a legit leap. Health aside and they both been iffy I’m giving hunter the bag first

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I don’t agree with trading Cam

But I understand the buzz about resetting the contracts. As is, there’s a dicey situation brewing for you guys.

Trae getting max. Hunter, if he continues his trajectory, will be a max. Cam will be up the same year. Count in vets and MLE and future rookies. Doesn’t leave much maneuverability. This doesn’t even factor in possibly retaining Collins, or whenever you get in a S&T.

You guys basically have the best problem a team can have. Too many young guys all coming up and about to have overlapping juicy contracts.

Still, I wouldn’t trade Cam

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
cam a dog but he’s had what… 15 good games in his career. I’m not so stuck on him being the savior of Atlanta when hunter has been twice as productive and took a legit leap. Health aside and they both been iffy I’m giving hunter the bag first
U confident in hunters knee?