Bombs over Bog'Don! The Official 20-2021 Atlanta Hawks Thread #RIPCHAR #WeMove

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
If Bogdanovic can't go Sunday, you think the Hawks suit up Reddish and let him get some time?

Absolutely not. Barring something unforeseen with his health it would be crazy to ask him to come off an Achilles injury, not have played for a few months and his first game back is a Game 7 playoff game. Just seems unfair to Cam and short sighted for his long term health

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Absolutely not. Barring something unforeseen with his health it would be crazy to ask him to come off an Achilles injury, not have played for a few months and his first game back is a Game 7 playoff game. Just seems unfair to Cam and short sighted for his long term health
Well, he's been cleared by the medical staff and I'm not talking big minutes. Just maybe some time in the first half with the second team. See how he does and make a decision from there.

If Bogdanovic doesn't play, who starts in his place? They start Hill again with Huerter? Do they start Gallanari?

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Well, he's been cleared by the medical staff and I'm not talking big minutes. Just maybe some time in the first half with the second team. See how he does and make a decision from there.

If Bogdanovic doesn't play, who starts in his place? They start Hill again with Huerter? Do they start Gallanari?

I just don’t think that would be a smart decision. He hasn’t done any live work (5 on 5) with the team since being “cleared” so I think it would be really short sighted and foolish to play him given the circumstances

If Bogi doesn’t go I’d start Gallo

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I just don’t think that would be a smart decision. He hasn’t done any live work (5 on 5) with the team since being “cleared” so I think it would be really short sighted and foolish to play him given the circumstances

If Bogi doesn’t go I’d start Gallo

I don’t think it would be short sided at all. He has to get done game time otherwise what was the point of rehabbing to get back to play? They might as well just sit him down for the season.
I’m not saying he should play major minutes, but giving him 5 minutes in the first half to see how he moves should be a no brainier. Maybe he plays some good defense and scores 4 points? Okay, now you see how he moves and you see how you can utilize him in a minute’s capacity in the second half. If he doesn’t look good then you sit him for the second half. No biggie.

Nate played 9 players last night. At least one player is going to get suspended for leaving the bench in that Embiid/Collins scuffle. I’m not sure who it was, but If it was a rotational player AND Bogdanovic can’t go then you’re down to 7 players. The Hawks may not have a choice but to pay him.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Nah it’s too big of a game for us to risk it if he’s rusty
Rusty Cam > tired Huerter
Rusty Cam > cold Snell
Rusty Cam > Soldonis Haslem

even 10 minutes where he takes 3 minutes each away from those 3 liabilities(Huerter when he's fresh is a different player) might make a difference off his defense alone

Offensively.... just use him like Philly supposed to use Ben and he'll be fine :mjgrin:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I don’t think it would be short sided at all. He has to get done game time otherwise what was the point of rehabbing to get back to play? They might as well just sit him down for the season.
I’m not saying he should play major minutes, but giving him 5 minutes in the first half to see how he moves should be a no brainier. Maybe he plays some good defense and scores 4 points? Okay, now you see how he moves and you see how you can utilize him in a minute’s capacity in the second half. If he doesn’t look good then you sit him for the second half. No biggie.

Nate played 9 players last night. At least one player is going to get suspended for leaving the bench in that Embiid/Collins scuffle. I’m not sure who it was, but If it was a rotational player AND Bogdanovic can’t go then you’re down to 7 players. The Hawks may not have a choice but to pay him.

Bro, he hasn’t played a 5 on 5 in practice since January and you think it would be a reasonable decision to run him major minutes in a Game 7? Cmon man, being cleared to participate and being physically/mentally ready to play an NBA game are two different things. It would be a terrible decision to put him back in for one game…I know we need help and we want to win but we gotta think long term and in the best interest of the player, especially with a guy we have so much invested in.

BTW, if I’m bringing a player back from this kind of injury, why would I bring him back for 3 minutes? 5 minutes? What realistic expectations would you have for him during that time on the floor? Just wouldn’t be a smart move IMO