Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Your stock broker will send forms to the IRS showing you lost money so they'll be aware and will be looking for a matching line item on your taxes. You are legally required to declare the profit/loss on your equity holdings if sold during the taxable year.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to claim it... It'll lower your taxable income..Ex: Say you made 10k for the year, you can claim this 900 loss and now your total taxable amount is 9,100 (Thus you're gonna pay less taxes).
:ohhh: I should really trim down my savings

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I was told that the market is gonna have a correction soon and I been reading that the volatility ETFs are at an all time low :yeshrug:

I was actually thinking about getting some VIIX and holding on to it for a hot minute...say until 2018 when I heard shyt might get a little rough.

But I'm not an expert...
Im trying get ready for a financial collapse, so I can invest heavy in inelastic brands while everyone is trying cash out. Just waiting for that moment. :ohlawd:

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You can, just leave that TLR fukkery alone and focus on getting paid, like the rest of us.
I seen a friend on snapchat who said he invested 28 bucks into 1 share of snap and after 3 days he had upwards of 400 bucks:ohhh:

How do i get in on this lifestyle:wow: