Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
My TSP (the government version of a 401k) has been taking a hit.

I have everything in stocks too right now: Our C-Fund follows the SPY index while the S-Fund follows the W4500 (Wilshire) index.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
My TSP (the government version of a 401k) has been taking a hit.

I have everything in stocks too right now: Our C-Fund follows the SPY index while the S-Fund follows the W4500 (Wilshire) index.
Which stocks in particular? Also, the market is in the shytter for the most part so unless you going to retire soon, just ignore the news and ride it out.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Which stocks in particular? Also, the market is in the shytter for the most part so unless you going to retire soon, just ignore the news and ride it out.
The C-Fund tracks the S&P 500 index.
S-Fund tracks the Dow Jones U.S. Completion Total Stock Market Index.

I actually qualify for early retirement in 10 years.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
pretty violent swings today. I'm surprised to wake up again and see the market is still green.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Company had about 40% growth last year and that growth is actually accelerating with Q4 Holiday season sales alone increasing 75% YOY and Q3 sales increasing 46% YOY. Q1 of this year will be a big indicator for me.

But lets say its current sales of $1.4B increase by an average of 15% over the next 5 years...that would lead to GPRO doubling its revenue. I got that using the following VERY modest growth rates: 30% for this year, then 20%, then 10% then 5% twice.

Their profit margin is already decent at about 9.3% as well. A good improvement from 6% in both 2013 and 2012. During Q4 however the profit margin was 20% (was only 12% the year before) which gives an idea of how much better its operational efficiency is getting.

If they can hit $2.7 billion revenue by 2020, with 20% profit margin (modest hopes in my opinion) ...with a 20 P/E ratio (modest again for a tech company youre looking at $540M and a market valuation of $10.8B which is almost double what it is now.

I'm gonna look into what their R&D and the exec that left is all about and if I like I'm taking the plunge fukk it.

edit: with that said...there will probably be some sort of crash in the next 5 years to ruin all this
@Big Jo the market is just stupid. everything i said here was correct but the market doesnt always react the way it should.
i think positive news regarding drowns, ambarella and the fact they missed their own guidance is why the stock is tumbling but it is incorrect. using trailing twelve months revenue compared to FY14's revenue the growth is 30% just like i said it'd be. no reason for the stock to be down this much. it's doing very well.

if holiday growth declines greatly yoy though (which is probably the expectation now) then i can see why . best bet is to actually ask retailers how gopros have been selling. when i asked last winter...homie at best buy said they were flying off shelves. i wonder what they'd say now