Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
With Japan going into recession is it still a good idea to raise rates or is it relevant?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
With Japan going into recession is it still a good idea to raise rates or is it relevant?

big divergence in interest rates....:manny: Japan's export driven economy is going to want a weak yen compared to the USD as has been their policy the last few years. We're probably their biggest trade partner (maybe China, not sure). I'd be more worried how a lot of the emerging markets are going to react.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
thinking about buying ge.

What you guys think of Ford or Gm?

Gopro :mjcry:

it's killing me, and i dont even own that many shares. at 20 i'm thinking about buying more, but no one believes in them, and it's tanking. I dont even get it. They're up 43% y/y for the last quarter :mjcry:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
thinking about buying ge.

What you guys think of Ford or Gm?

Gopro :mjcry:

it's killing me, and i dont even own that many shares. at 20 i'm thinking about buying more, but no one believes in them, and it's tanking. I dont even get it. They're up 43% y/y for the last quarter :mjcry:

Seems like Ford never moves

speaking of Ford someone just bought a bunch of the January 16 calls

Last edited:

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Prices of U.S. Treasuries briefly trimmed losses after the data. U.S. stock index futures added to gains, while the dollar was slightly weaker against a basket of currencies. Groundbreaking on single-family home projects, the largest segment of the market, fell 2.4 percent to a 722,000-unit pace. Single-family starts tumbled 6.9 percent in the South, where most home building takes place. Single-family starts, however, rose in the Northeast, the Midwest and the West.

Starts for the volatile multi-family segment plunged 25.1 percent to a 338,000-unit pace.

Building permits increased 4.1 percent to a 1.15 million-unit rate last month. Single-family building permits rose 2.4 percent last month to their highest level since December 2007. Single-family permits in the South also hit their highest level since December 2007.

U.S. housing starts fall to seven-month low, permits rise

uh-oh!

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Prices of U.S. Treasuries briefly trimmed losses after the data. U.S. stock index futures added to gains, while the dollar was slightly weaker against a basket of currencies. Groundbreaking on single-family home projects, the largest segment of the market, fell 2.4 percent to a 722,000-unit pace. Single-family starts tumbled 6.9 percent in the South, where most home building takes place. Single-family starts, however, rose in the Northeast, the Midwest and the West.

Starts for the volatile multi-family segment plunged 25.1 percent to a 338,000-unit pace.

Building permits increased 4.1 percent to a 1.15 million-unit rate last month. Single-family building permits rose 2.4 percent last month to their highest level since December 2007. Single-family permits in the South also hit their highest level since December 2007.

U.S. housing starts fall to seven-month low, permits rise

uh-oh!
I was watching a segment a while back where a analyst was stating that more younger people are choosing to rent more instead of buying a home. The housing crash in 07 is still fresh on people minds and they do not want to commit to a house long term. A lot of investors are probably buying houses/land on the cheap and hoping that the shift will change over time.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I was watching a segment a while back where a analyst was stating that more younger people are choosing to rent more instead of buying a home. The housing crash in 07 is still fresh on people minds and they do not want to commit to a house long term. A lot of investors are probably buying houses/land on the cheap and hoping that the shift will change over time.

Ironically the article was claiming the opposite(which is nonsense from everything I've read). I also have a feeling young professionals who can afford to buy a house in most markets still are too debt burdened to anyways. If I lost a house, was bankrupted, or personally affected by the situation I wouldn't buy a home. I think we're ripe for a correction in some of the hot markets. Idk what's going on in the rest of the country housing wise though.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
:patrice: GoPro dipped below $20 at the moment,

Piper cut their price target to $15.

edit:

CUGP8SgWcAErHxD.jpg