Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
but brehs i need your help. I'm trying to craft an idea right now and I need examples of companies that have done really poorly / have had disappointing stock performances. Companies like Blackberry. Preferably tech, consumer good, retail and media companies. I dont know enough about Energy or Miners

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
brehs....anybody know why Verizon has such an astronomical P/E?

Pretty high for a Telecomm company isnt it? especially one with its age

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said trading "stricly" off technicals is a bad idea.

Dont get me wrong, i'll hope in on a technical trade too. But it has to be in stock that has the fundamentals to back it that I believe in.

I'm not against technicals.

For example, if BAC jumps above 15$ on heavy volume and breaks out to a new high, you be best believe i'll hop on that ride as well.
But thats because i believe in the banks fundamentally because I think that higher interest rates are coming. So they will surely benefit from that and make a lot more $$ off their loans.

Also, be careful who you follow as far as these technical traders go. All these guys are experts "AFTER" the fact. Yeah lets see them timestamp all of their trades as they enter and exit. If their so good, lets see these guys open up their books. You might be surprised how "good" they really are.

In addition, do you use a trading software like fidelity or e-trade? I bet you have seen their classic "chart pattern" recognition software. For example, when their trading software recognizes a "head and shoulders" or "double bottom" pattern and signal it for everyone. Those patterns that they recognize and try to predict the future of the stock price are WRONG more than 65% of the time.

Anyway i'm not saying to totally disregard technicals. I pay attention to them as well. I"m just saying....those charts that people post on a site like "stocktwits" are 90% GARBAGE material and gibberish nonsense.

This is what I do. Identify good/growing companies and trade it using technicals. It's worked so far for me.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
but brehs i need your help. I'm trying to craft an idea right now and I need examples of companies that have done really poorly / have had disappointing stock performances. Companies like Blackberry. Preferably tech, consumer good, retail and media companies. I dont know enough about Energy or Miners

if you're looking for tech you could look up the worst performers in the nasdaq.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
@Domingo Halliburton what you think of Verizon? It seems undervalued compared to AT&T when adjusted for non-recurring expenses. Lower debt, revenues are fairly equal (VZ only lower by about 5%), Gross/EBITDA marrgin is better
if you're looking for tech you could look up the worst performers in the nasdaq.
I feel like I'll be getting too many random micro caps but I'll try. Maybe there's a filter/adv search

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
@Domingo Halliburton what you think of Verizon? It seems undervalued compared to AT&T when adjusted for non-recurring expenses. Lower debt, revenues are fairly equal (VZ only lower by about 5%), Gross/EBITDA marrgin is better

damn I didn't realize they had all that debt and they're taking on more. do you think they're overpaying for Vodafone? like you were saying earlier whats up with their P/E?

I feel like I'll be getting too many random micro caps but I'll try. Maybe there's a filter/adv search

yeah I was doing that too and getting companies I never heard of. try the Nasdaq 100.

domingo halliburton said:
word is Salesforce is going to beat earnings

what did I tell you guys.

hey sachs, that eagles D is looking :huhldup: right now

Last edited:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
word is Salesforce is going to beat earnings

Yo thanks Domingo. Took your post and gambled on it. For the noobs in here, don't do this!

Bought 3 CRM AUG 13 $45 calls before the day ended yesterday.

Bought at .98. Sold at 4.71. Total profit $1094. Risk: $306.

Thanks for the gambling tip :obama:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
damn I didn't realize they had all that debt and they're taking on more. do you think they're overpaying for Vodafone? like you were saying earlier whats up with their P/E?

yeah I was doing that too and getting companies I never heard of. try the Nasdaq 100.

what did I tell you guys.

hey sachs, that eagles D is looking :huhldup: right now
Are we? I could care less about this season cause I know we aint expected to be shyt. i'm simply gonna enjoy football for the sport that it is this season

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution