Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so is robin hood a go here, or we still better off with bigger firms?

Im new to trading....
I been using it for about a month. I started out with ameritrade and I paid more in fees then I actually had in stock.

Only things bad about robin hood I see is that once you sell, you have to wait a couple of days to use your money. Also some stocks you can't trade..OTC? I'm still trying to figure out exactly what they are.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@88m3 It doesn't reduce your AGI, it just doesn't increase it.The interest isn't taxable, however, because the interest is tax exempt you'll need to see where you fall in regards to the alternative minimum tax if the bond is a private activity bond. You'll need to take a look at what tax bracket you fall into. Typically the higher the tax bracket the more benefit you get from munis. I'd definitely talk to your CPA, if you don't have one get one as it sounds like you're starting to make moves

Thanks, I really appreciate it! That makes sense. They've been busy with corporate filings.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
October is setting up to be very ugly. Could definitely re-test August lows and then no way to tell how low it could go.

Might see a rebound from there but if it breaks downward it would pretty much confirm Martin Armstrong's scenario that 2015.75 is beginning of the end.

Last edited: