Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
goPro is just madness

I looked at 2017 way out of the money (at the time) puts on GPRO, BABA etc and I couldn't justify spending a couple bucks a contract on a $30 put when it was $90.

:francis:

But what do you think is a fair valuation? 5x P/B doesn't seem that unreasonable. If you value it as a tech company, seems right in line.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I looked at 2017 way out of the money (at the time) puts on GPRO, BABA etc and I couldn't justify spending a couple bucks a contract on a $30 put when it was $90.

:francis:

But what do you think is a fair valuation? 5x P/B doesn't seem that unreasonable. If you value it as a tech company, seems right in line.
meh...company doesnt have any debt so I wouldnt even really look at P/B because Its balance sheet is growing exponentially. Quick ratio is above 1...pretty much no long term debt/lease obligations to speak of.

I did a quick look at their financials 2 quarters ago and based on its growth trajectory, i said it was at a fair price when it was at $39 a share, that was when I initially called it a BUY. Then it ascended up to $64 after some HUGE earnings/revenue beats before it spiked down. Unless sales really spike down (thats the implication after AMBA forecasted lower than expected or something) this shyt is undervalued. It's selling at 2.5-3 times sales with accelerating sales and bottom line growth. Iunno, just seems low to me considering the potential they have...especially with these social media valuations. The holiday season will be interesting though. Any growth beyond last year's Q4 and this shyt is an easy Buy.

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man.. they might bring this market down one more time towards the low 1800's but you know damn well yellien aint raising rates in december and and so you know even more damn well that santa claus rally on the way...

i don't think we go above 2000 again but if this goes in the low 1800's and shoots up to 1950ish... thats a nice big tradable pop...

i feel as if 2016 is gonna be the year we go all the way down... past 1800's,,, hopefully into the 2016 election we can get an opportunity to buy some cheap stuff.. I'm starting to average down here on funds and blue chip stocks..

i look at this investing as in 5 year plans... 5 years from now stocks will be higher than they are now.. either by growth or goddamn inflation when they nuke our currency... this dips should be seen as opportunities... but bigger opportunites are gonna present themselves...

i do feel sorry for bears that are going to relive 2008/2009 rape festival as they actually though the market was going to zero..lol... i was one of them but quickly realized whats up...they gonna be singing when they bring this down to 1600 but are going to get destroyed when they shoot this up to 3000 in the next 5 years...

this aint 2008 with all the banks and homes perfect storm... but its comming.. blood on the streets is coming... hopefully we can elect a rep. president and get a congress in there that will do something for our future.. as far as defict spending.. i would like to see social security checks in my lifetime...lol

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a investor/trader i always have two vehicles

one is my day trade account with that i use to trade 3x indexes...

the other is my investment portfolio which every week i buy some type of stock or fund and average the fukk down ... whats one or two hundred a week on a stock.. i.e. buying 2 shares of exxon (a company i know won't go out of business)... or like visa... you do it with enough discipline and next thing you know years later you have a nice little portfolio..

my biggest mistake was that in 08 09 10 11 i was just trading stocks and not builidng a long term portfolio... i should just been disciplined and average into all the blue chip stocks... i had stock in stuff like visa, and united health etc.... stocks that ended up soaring... but id sell in and out of these positions for money thinking i was coming up but instead i was paying taxes and commission fees on gains that now in this day and age would be astronomical.... loll bullshyt thinking..

but now i learned my lesson..lol... have your separate day trading account to get your kicks in and don't touch your investment account...