Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sheet thats all I am holding after a horrible year trading futures.

Actually I forgot I have been holding OLBK for years. They pay dividends, and the swings are small.

To put it in perspective, I lost around 20k this year. shyt happens, but I killed it from 12-14 so :ld:

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I shifted most of my mutual funds into short term bond accounts to keep the risk minimal. I think I lost around 5K but no big deal based on last couple of weeks. This went against many financial advisors (family/others) who said to stay put.

I may just sit and keep it there based on what I am seeing. The rollercoaster left the track and here we go.....what happens when the ride ends is the big question.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
funny listening to pundits scramble for the reason of the fall today

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Learned another hard lesson today...

Bought those MCP puts hoping they'd be bankrupt and at 0, but traded today around 9 cents. I thought, oh well, I'll trade out of my option contract. I've never held a position into expiration, so didn't know what to expect.

You would think my $0.50 put would be worth $0.41 because the stock traded at 9 cents. Not so fast, my friend. Those who sold the puts to people like me must have just said fukk it, let them exercise the positions. The best bid was $0.22 per contract, which would have lost me money.

I called Capital One and they said because I didn't physically have shares of MCP, they would just liquidate my options position at market value at $0.22 if I didn't close it out myself.

:francis:

They weren't even offering the ability to buy shares of MCP because it's a bankrupt OTC stock and Sharebuilder sucks... but they did make an exception and let me buy the 1,000 shares I needed to cover my 50 cent put.

Of course though, I couldn't do that without paying a fukking surcharge for low priced security.

:francis:

So much L on this position. I'm anticipating some more unanticipated charges.

Luckily only lost under $200.