Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Right I understand that, my question is could you have dumped today and cashed out on the shares that was purchased yesterday for the share price today.
50 shares = 50.00 yesterday 50 shares cash out 500 today?
No. If you brought 100 shares for $1 before the reverse split, they would be still be worth $100 today but you would just have 10 shares for $10.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
The price action is pathetic on BAC given how many analyst upgrades there have been in recent weeks. This is setting up for Moynihans exit:blessed:

BAC has a great company IF they have proper management. The Merrill Lynch brokers hate the upper management at BAC.

I hate those fakkits at WFC as well by I like their stock.

Last edited:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Right I understand that, my question is could you have dumped today and cashed out on the shares that was purchased yesterday for the share price today.
50 shares = 50.00 yesterday 50 shares cash out 500 today?

No. You couldn't do that. It would have just been automatically replaced in your account.

I don't know how versed you are but understand time decay with UWTI. I'm assuming they buy futures and borrow a ton of money to get 3x the return. You can't get long that besides short term.

And even if you like oil to go up...going into winter isn't exactly bullish for oil prices.

You'd basically be betting on Syria destabilizing the middle east.

IEA report saw big inventories in the US....BUT production slowed from 9.6 million barrels to 9.1 million. That's why oil was up on Thursday.

Still I think instability in the middle east would be the best bet (things never change) if you like UWTI. Not a bet I'm willing to take but do your own research.

Last edited:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
selling September puts on the VIX with strikes in the teens looks like a good bet. VIX is still above "Greece may default levels" and the board is so backwards that it will take a higher sustained market to get down there to those levels and it will most likely take weeks to do so.

:youngsabo:

don't say I didn't try to make you money. market will have to have a sustained move higher for you to lose on this (and don't get me wrong I hope it happens).

long SPX if you want a hedge

Last edited:

无名的

Superstar
Daps

I just can't believe anyone was shocked by China's rise and fall...

The next economic power opened a market in a country full of degenerate gamblers and book cookers. Add that with experienced foreign money that has masterfully manipulated markets for decades. The indexes obviously rose fast and furiously. What goes up must come down... and when it goes up quick, it usually comes down quick, especially when the rise isn't really backed by much tangible data.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
For my very beginner brehs out there that might one day consider options... this may seem like an obvious concept to more advanced brehs... but I learned something the somewhat hard way.

Just because a company goes bankrupt does not mean the stock is going to go to zero.

Bought some calls and puts on MCP a long time ago. 2017 calls in case it ever recovered and Sept $0.50 puts because they were going to get delisted if not above $1 by June. Also hedging in case of bankruptcy. MCP declared bankruptcy probably 4 months ago and that shyt is still trading at $0.11 per share.

:francis:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just realized that with that reverse spit, ameratrade charged me a 38.00 "reorganization fee"....wtf. Ive paid out more in fees then i have in actual stocks:mjcry: