Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs I have a question:

I brought some stock and while monitoring it on stocktwit, someone asked the question if they should stay in for the long run, when someone replyed they wouldn't because of decay.

What do they mean by decay?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Brehs I have a question:

I brought some stock and while monitoring it on stocktwit, someone asked the question if they should stay in for the long run, when someone replyed they wouldn't because of decay.

Time Decay Definition | Investopedia

He was most likely referring to an options trade.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Brehs I have a question:

Is it a Volatility ETF?

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Brehs I have a question:

Most likely they were referring to the time decay of options. In options there are risk measures called "The Greeks". They include: Delta, Gamma, Theta, and Rho.

Theta is the options greek that represents the time decay of an option. Every professional options trader knows and implements the greeks to better manage their risk.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Probably not because I don't even know what that is breh. I'm still reading up on the basics. It's UWTI stoc
Careful with UWTI. It is a 3x leveraged ETN that tracks the OIL stock. So gains and losses will be amplified because of its leveraged nature. That's why UWTI is up ~3x more today than OIL. Use precaution. I wouldnt suggest Investing in these for beginners and especially not for the long haul.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Careful with UWTI. It is a 3x leveraged ETN that tracks the OIL stock. So gains and losses will be amplified because of its leveraged nature. That's why UWTI is up ~3x more today than OIL. Use precaution. I wouldnt suggest Investing in these for beginners and especially not for the long haul.

:ohhh:

Appreciate that breh....I just saw where it was and thought of the potential. Good thing is I didn't buy that much (50 shares), but with the broker fees it looks like I'm gona lose $ unless it goes to about 2.00....

Question: UWTI was 60 dollars/share in 2014. It was at .70 last week. Do you ever see it going back that high?

S/n: I just signed up for robinhood...how long did it take your applications to go through

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
:ohhh:

Appreciate that breh....I just saw where it was and thought of the potential. Good thing is I didn't buy that much (50 shares), but with the broker fees it looks like I'm gona lose $ unless it goes to about 2.00....

Question: UWTI was 60 dollars/share in 2014. It was at .70 last week. Do you ever see it going back that high?

S/n: I just signed up for robinhood...how long did it take your applications to go through

UWTI has depreciated that much because it is 3x leveraged relative to the OIL stock. There are too many fundamental and macroeconomic factors to consider. And in this environment, I don't think anyone knows where oil prices are heading.