Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Just another red day with the market :scust::shaq2:.

On another note, I had a phone interview with Merill Lynch yesterday for a client associate position. I'm hoping that I can get a face to face interview with the hiring manager next week. Would be a good entry level role with asset management and I would have 9 months to get my series 7/66 if I was hired. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck breh!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
we're in this odd situation where it's risk-off and everyone sells equities but then you see the 30 year sell off today too because no one wants to own bonds because of a possibility of a rate hike.
Which is ridiculous because a potential(and increasingly unlikely) 25 bps hike on the front end of the curve shouldn't be driving the 30 year:jbhmm:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Probably. Can't let the yuan fall too far.

So China is liquidating their stranglehold on our debt? Seems like a win-win right now. Say good bye to our communist overlords :blessed:

No joke though, not to get all @thekingsmen in here, but I legit think theres a possibility of some economic warfare going on in China right now. Manufacturing is down so why not blow some plants up and set them even further back? Might not even be the CIA. Might be the Japanese.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
:mjcry: you tried to tell me.....
If you going to invest in UWTI you need to know a couple of things. I have around 275 shares at this current moment.
  • INVEST MONEY THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE!!!! This is a heavy leverage ETN that is based off of the price of oil and the treasury rate that can change everyday. Right now, both are in the shytter.
  • If you feel that the price of oil will go back up over time, you have to ignore the daily changes and focus on the long term belief.
  • Always follow up on what going on with economy, OPEC and the US oil producers to see which direction is oil is heading in the future.
  • If you don't feel comfortable which the stock, then bounce as soon as possible.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
So China is liquidating their stranglehold on our debt? Seems like a win-win right now. Say good bye to our communist overlords :blessed:

No joke though, not to get all @thekingsmen in here, but I legit think theres a possibility of some economic warfare going on in China right now. Manufacturing is down so why not blow some plants up and set them even further back? Might not even be the CIA. Might be the Japanese.

I think china got surpassed by Japan as the biggest foreign holder. Chinas owning of our debt is overblown and really its US governmental agencies that own the most of it.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you going to invest in UWTI you need to know a couple of things. I have around 275 shares at this current moment.
  • INVEST MONEY THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE!!!! This is a heavy leverage ETN that is based off of the price of oil and the treasury rate that can change everyday. Right now, both are in the shytter.
  • If you feel that the price of oil will go back up over time, you have to ignore the daily changes and focus on the long term belief.
  • Always follow up on what going on with economy, OPEC and the US oil producers to see which direction is oil is heading in the future.
  • If you don't feel comfortable which the stock, then bounce as soon as possible.

I feel a little better after reading this breh. I got a few dollars to play around with it so I'm fine with losing out. I'm also looking for something long term. In your opinion do you think this would ever see 60 dollars again like in 5-10 years?