Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Liking brew... Especially with that Buffalo Wild Wings game changer beer. Wild wings is the biggest seller of draft beer in the US

are they really? :ohhh:

@Domingo Halliburton People on StockTwits are high on MPC and BBRY this upcoming week.

word. like I was saying I just view MPC as fundamentally undervalued. Over the next decades demand for oil and gas is only going to increase as the population increases. energy is a good investment.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Seems a lot of you actually invest rather than trade. Are there any technical traders in here? I've been learning the past few months and try to chart my own stuff based off ideas I got on StockTwits.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Got some Orbitz
Seems a lot of you actually invest rather than trade. Are there any technical traders in here? I've been learning the past few months and try to chart my own stuff based off ideas I got on StockTwits.
As far as technicals...Broadcom looks oversold and like its creating a wedge reversal pattern. I hope it doesnt pop too soon...but I'll be getting in either next paycheck with some calls...or after I'm done with these SPY call options.

Also got some Orbitz calls that expire in October.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

aliG

Pro
Daps

Ill Im trying to learn but I don't know where to go. Do you have to get an MBA to learn?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Ill Im trying to learn but I don't know where to go. Do you have to get an MBA to learn?

No way. I took an intro class on BullsOnWallStreet.com when they had a GroupOn for $49 or something. Really good intro class to the basics like consolidation, breakouts, scanning for stocks, moving averages, etc.

You can find plenty of info online on charting and skip the $40k/year in tuition.

Maybe its just the market working for me now but I've found much more success with charting/tech trading than I did with fundamental investing. After you look at the price action based off patterns, you kind of throw the fundamentals out the window.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Got some Orbitz

As far as technicals...Broadcom looks oversold and like its creating a wedge reversal pattern. I hope it doesnt pop too soon...but I'll be getting in either next paycheck with some calls...or after I'm done with these SPY call options.

Also got some Orbitz calls that expire in October.

I'm still learning about options and can't wrap my head around it. Can you help me out with two questions Ive got?

I picked up 1 NFLX 300 call exp this Friday. If it doesn't reach 300, do I just let it sit in my etrade account and do nothing and let it expire? What if my contract goes up in value to $2.70 on Wednesday (I bought at 1.60). Can I just sell the contract for the 1.10 gain? Would I use "Sell to Close" to do that?

I'm looking at AAPL 600 calls for November @ $4.24 right now. If I buy one contract, under what conditions would they call on my contract and convert it to 100 shares that I would have to pay for? Not sure if that makes sense but that kind of thing is why I cant fully comprehend options.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm still learning about options and can't wrap my head around it. Can you help me out with two questions Ive got?

I picked up 1 NFLX 300 call exp this Friday. If it doesn't reach 300, do I just let it sit in my etrade account and do nothing and let it expire? What if my contract goes up in value to $2.70 on Wednesday (I bought at 1.60). Can I just sell the contract for the 1.10 gain? Would I use "Sell to Close" to do that?

I'm looking at AAPL 600 calls for November @ $4.24 right now. If I buy one contract, under what conditions would they call on my contract and convert it to 100 shares that I would have to pay for? Not sure if that makes sense but that kind of thing is why I cant fully comprehend options.

I'm not exactly sure how youre broker works fam, but for the AAPL situation...mine never converts the options to sharse unless I submit a request to do so. Additionally...if the options expire and you have money in your account...I'm pretty sure it converts them for you automatically so they arent worthless.

As far as NFLX...You can sell the options whenever you want before the expiry date. Sell to close seems like the correct order...for my broker though it is simply just "Sell" but I'm pretty sure theyre synonymous.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
also the time period I'm looking at for BRCM's pattern is Aug 7 to where it is now. It's poised for a break out. I think as the trading volume continues at this level and the 20Day EMA approaches it might start its trend then. Time will tell though...my guess is towards the end of next week a bullish signal will show up.