Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
any fellas, what happened yesterday in the market...:comeon: Everytime I see those big up and downticks my heart rate increases

selam

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let it be noted that I guranteed a green closing on 8/20 and you could have had a return up to 6%. If you think jcp is going to hit single digits your out your fuccing mind(excuse my language) Ullman knows what he needs to do. I'm already playin with ho

What do you see in JCP that gives you a positive outlook...the chart seems to indicate that this downswing isn't over...it's hard to say when it will be...

aliG

Pro
Daps
Coffee beans are at some all time lows over past two years.. yet the cup of joe you get at Starbucks still hasn't decreased in price. Actually, if anything, it has increased. Anyone see SBUX a good play?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
JCP is a joke...any appreciation is merely manipualtion.

Really wishing I had bought those Sears puts way back lol...Aeropostale too when it touched 15. Whatevr.

@Domingo Halliburton ....Broadcom, Expedia...what do you think about them for long term options plays. The $30 and $50 call strikes are looking nice to me

You know I used to be really bullish on expedia when it was at like 30 probably 2 years ago or so.

as for now I mean it's pretty close to it's 52 week lows. their margins and revenue seem to be rebounding. Summer is the time to travel but that's probably already baked in. It seems like the competition has really increased in the space though. I like it at these prices even thought the P/E is high. the P/E never makes sense on these tech companies.

Does BRCM work with mobile companies or do they do their own thing and work with your office/home? I really don't know much about them.

KAWS

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Land of Pleasant Living
You know I used to be really bullish on expedia when it was at like 30 probably 2 years ago or so.

as for now I mean it's pretty close to it's 52 week lows. their margins and revenue seem to be rebounding. Summer is the time to travel but that's probably already baked in. It seems like the competition has really increased in the space though. I like it at these prices even thought the P/E is high. the P/E never makes sense on these tech companies.

Does BRCM work with mobile companies or do they do their own thing and work with your office/home? I really don't know much about them.
I haven't been a fan of Expedia since the TripAdvisor split

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
any fellas, what happened yesterday in the market...:comeon: Everytime I see those big up and downticks my heart rate increases

fukking fed can't decide what it's going to do. europe had some good numbers today and the jobless claims wasn't terrible today so thats why it's up.

Coffee beans are at some all time lows over past two years.. yet the cup of joe you get at Starbucks still hasn't decreased in price. Actually, if anything, it has increased. Anyone see SBUX a good play?

it should only help margins. not sure if in the short term it's going to move anywhere. I like them as a longer play they seem to do better every year. the insiders like it and are buying.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
SBUX to me is always a good long term play. GMCR would also be affected, but generally the market factors commodities

Do you know what mobile companies BRCM works with? I really don't know much about them.
Hmmm youre right about that compeition as far as EXPE is concerned. TripAdvisor and Orbitz being a good example.

As far as broadcom, pretty much anybody you can think of from Samsung to Apple to Cisco etc etc

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just did so as well breh. Very cheap calls eh?

Got some September, $33 strike options at a price of 0.45 each. Cant go wrong with that really. Bought when the shares were at 31.75.

I'm also interested in long term

UPS Calls
Yahoo Calls (I hated that Tumblr deal though)
Aeropostale Puts
Sears Puts
I really gotta stick to my long term ideas :snoop:

ARO down 25% since that date ...
SHLD down about 10%

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
speaking of which, Orbitz and TripAdvisor have all declined immensely since their earning spikes...the former is almost down to where it was before the release and the latter is literally RIGHT in the middle.

Orbitz $10 calls for November looking really good to me

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yeah like I said I liked them a couple years ago. I could see it going back to 50 but I don't know about the highs it was at before.
I know expedia had a similar down trend after the Q1 earnings release though before heading to 65.before the Q2 release.
Itd be an amateurish move to use history as a determinant but nonetheless...I think I might go in with a small bet

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yeah these retail and apparel companies have been terrible
for real. ARO presents after hours tonight. The bar might be too low though seeing how much its gone down from its recent high of $15.50...if I held options I'd probably profit take on half of them before the close.

I wonder how the gap with do tonight

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
for real. ARO presents after hours tonight. The bar might be too low though seeing how much its gone down from its recent high of $15.50...if I held options I'd probably profit take on half of them before the close.

I wonder how the gap with do tonight

I saw some analyst on CNBC or something shytting all over gap