Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I saw some analyst on CNBC or something shytting all over gap
Not surprised. People overall are just getting more pretentious when it comes to clothing. they'd rather cop that knockoff LV Purse...or spend a whole paycheck on some goods...then wear some of the old, low quality, tacky gear ala GAP, Aeropostale and American eagle. Further more I see a lot more activity in those brand specific stores like, "Michael Kors" or "Lacoste" for instance and department/online stores like Nordstrom and Asos.

I expect Coach to go down a little over the next few years...and I'm really on the fence about Kors being a fad.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Not surprised. People overall are just getting more pretentious when it comes to clothing. they'd rather cop that knockoff LV Purse...or spend a whole paycheck on some goods...then wear some of the old, low quality, tacky gear ala GAP, Aeropostale and American eagle. Further more I see a lot more activity in those brand specific stores like, "Michael Kors" or "Lacoste" for instance and department/online stores like Nordstrom and Asos.

I expect Coach to go down a little over the next few years...and I'm really on the fence about Kors being a fad.

I thought I heard murmurs out of Coach that they view themselves as too upscale and they're getting annoyed at these middle class people buying their stuff. To combat this they're going to raise prices.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I thought I heard murmurs out of Coach that they view themselves as too upscale and they're getting annoyed at these middle class people buying their stuff. To combat this they're going to raise prices.
for real eh...fair enough. Its only gonna lead to lower revenues though :laugh:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:laugh: ARO down to 8.83 and of course Expedia is up 7% THE DAY BEFORE my $ is transferred into my trading account. It never fails...my timing has been the worst this summer.

Spin

All Star
Daps

Aero, AE, ANF aren't the "cool" stores anymore. H&M and Zara really have taken over that section. Like you mentioned people wanting knockoff's of higher end stuff, H&M and Zara are low budget versions of high end brands. Coach has competition from KORS and FNP (formally Liz Caiborne). The Kate Spade purses are hot right now which has brought FNP back to life. GAP kind of saved itself by having the BR and Old Navy divisions. BR is like the default store for young workers to get their work clothes.