Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I can't see jcp not hitting 15.00 again at some point soon. I'm thinking of going in on rad myself. Rite aid> wal greens from a consumer standpoint IMO
Unless your in nyc because walgreens bought duane reade and mirrored the set up. It seems like that is only in the city though, because when I visit other states, walgreens feels like a pawn shop compared to rite aids layouts.

I bought RAD at around $2 they have a ton of debt too though. it's why the company was trading at like 99 cents for the better part of the last 5 years, that and an accounting scandal they had like 10 years ago. The management has run them into the ground. I grew up around their headquarters and my friend from back home who works for them says they waste money like it's nothing. I'm thinking about dumping the stock. It's trading at like 3.50 now and it's the highest it's been in years. If I didn't have the hometown connection I probably would of never bought it. Walgreen's thought about buying them for $4 a share a year ago so that's probably a fair value. They have too much debt. They have a lot of good real estate and property though.

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
My reasoning on jcp is just pure judgement. Earnings report on
I bought RAD at around $2 they have a ton of debt too though. it's why the company was trading at like 99 cents for the better part of the last 5 years, that and an accounting scandal they had like 10 years ago. The management has run them into the ground. I grew up around their headquarters and my friend from back home who works for them says they waste money like it's nothing. I'm thinking about dumping the stock. It's trading at like 3.50 now and it's the highest it's been in years. If I didn't have the hometown connection I probably would of never bought it. Walgreen's thought about buying them for $4 a share a year ago so that's probably a fair value. They have too much debt. They have a lot of good real estate and property though.
Props. Jcp reports earnings on Tuesday we'll see. If the earnings were weak I don't think the stock would be above 13. I guarantee jcp finishes in green on Tuesday .

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I'm late to this thread.. but what would yall recommend to someone new to this stock shyt... i only got a couple google and apple stocks.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
My reasoning on jcp is just pure judgement. Earnings report on

Props. Jcp reports earnings on Tuesday we'll see. If the earnings were weak I don't think the stock would be above 13. I guarantee jcp finishes in green on Tuesday .

we need to edit the OP of this thread and create a guide for beginners....we got too many questions like this guy i just quoted below here. I'm not hating on the guy but we get this like every other day.

I'm late to this thread.. but what would yall recommend to someone new to this stock shyt... i only got a couple google and apple stocks.

you looking for investments or speculations? investments ....buy index funds like SPY or VTI or VTSAX. speculation...look through the last couple pages of this thread and see what the posters like.

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
Look at the products, stores you use. Research financials on those companies, invest accordingly. DO NOT invest small amounts the brokerage fees are too much and are not a write off, but losses are.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
thank you both--

hey come back and ask questions, I didn't mean to sound too harsh earlier. run a stock by us and see what the posters say. but also do your own research. do you know how to read a balance sheet or income statement? I mean google and apple are good companies. but thats all tech you might want to diversify into some other sectors.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Domingo was talking about MPC. I might just fukk around and buy a few shares.

hey before you do this. let me just say I'm going on a completely fundamental basis. I think the company is undervalued. It's not like I see some pattern like these technical traders and want to move in. they reported on thurs and the numbers weren't as good as the analysts expected. Maybe let it drop and see if it settles in at some support. I'm looking at this stock as more long term.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Not really big on energy stocks, but if the consumer dollar is about to cause a dip... Alj trading at 11.49 at time of post.

I know what you mean but I've owned CVX for about 2 years now and I love them.

edit: for some reason the gas price and energy stocks correlation has gone negative the last few weeks. the higher gas goes the more these energy stocks fall.