Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I.would hold vix related products very short term. This is the highest its been in what...years?

And its something like a quarter of the days VXX trades it sets new all time lows. I'll see if I can find the article.
Right... BUT this is also the worst week in over 4 years. Can't it also mean a more prolonged upside for VXX with upcoming volatility that we haven't see in 4-5 years?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Right... BUT this is also the worst week in over 4 years. Can't it also mean a more prolonged upside for VXX with upcoming volatility that we haven't see in 4-5 years?

Good question. Possibly. With VXX you got to watch the futures and see where they constantly are. September vix is trading at 19.90 right now.

CKDfDcpUsAAofVX.png

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
The Stock Market Just Fell Off a Cliff. What Happened?

5 Things Investors Shouldn’t Do Now

Markets Beating Fed to Tightening Ahead of September Meeting

Seems like the banks and hedgies are having a fit about September, there's no rational reason for a sell off like this

:yeshrug:

str8 up market manipulation trying influence the postponement of the inevitable

Citi: The Markets Read the Minutes Wrong, and the Fed Will Hike in September

Citi: The Markets Read the Minutes Wrong, and the Fed Will Hike in September

The minutes were from a meeting that took place three weeks ago, when recent economic data points had been disappointing. Since then, data has come in stronger, with retail sales getting revised higher and housing and construction coming in strong. Furthermore, Citi saw something specific in the minutes which it interpreted as hawkish.

Single-Family Homes Led Housing Starts Last Month
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS AUG. 18, 2015

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/business/july-housing-starts.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Home builders started on single-family houses in July at the fastest pace since the recession began in late 2007.

Housing starts rose 0.2 percent in July to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.21 million homes, the Commerce Department said on Tuesday. Construction of single-family houses accounted for all of the gains, shooting up 12.8 percent last month to the highest rate since December 2007.

The increase pointed to a housing market that has strengthened for much of the year, reflecting an increased sense of financial security for many Americans because of steady job growth, modest layoffs and relatively low mortgage rates. Continued gains in housing would help extend the current economic expansion.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
I had to travel down to Baltimore today and didn't get follow much.

What's worrying me is financials. If BKX breaks 75 I might start getting real bearish.

BKX is at 73 right now breh...you still feeling bearish at the moment? :lupe:

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
Was told during my interview financial advising is difficult (obviously)... but those who make it are averaging around 400k per year

:whoo:

Very few earn that much. And for the few who do, I can assure you that they are managing wealthy clients. Most of that being made in fees.

Last edited:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
BKX is at 73 right now breh...you still feeling bearish at the moment? :lupe:

After the last couple days...yeah I am. :heh:

I thought we'd continue on the same path after the fed minutes sounded dovish. Low volatility and kind of stay in the range around 2080 on the SPX. Now that trend from the last few months has completely broken. I was hoping banks would lead carry the market slowly higher.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Very few earn that much. And for the few who do, I can assure you that they are managing wealthy clients. Most of that being made in fees.

What are they earning? It seems like with the minimum AUM targets set so you don't get the boot would lead you to at least 100k

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What are they earning? It seems like with the minimum AUM targets set so you don't get the boot would lead you to at least 100k

I know I talked to Waddell & Reed and they said you can attain 6 figures if you get I believe $10-20MM under management. The number escapes me and it wasn't a huge number either in the financial management world.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I know I talked to Waddell & Reed and they said you can attain 6 figures if you get I believe $10-20MM under management. The number escapes me and it wasn't a huge number either in the financial management world.

Yeah, I believe the bare minimum at MS is $5 million per year the first few years. You start with a base salary, which goes down each year, but your AUM are going up, so take home pay should be around 100k at least, I'd think, or else you're gone.