Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Oil into the 30s and market down another 2% today

:dame:

I'm going into hiding
I need the SPY to head back to 208 before September 4th..and then go up more into September 18th. Moves like that have happened before but I could never be so fortunate.

I'm done for the year if these batches of options go worthless. It was a good run :mjcry:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I need the SPY to head back to 208 before September 4th..and then go up more into September 18th. Moves like that have happened before but I could never be so fortunate.

I'm done for the year if these batches of options go worthless. It was a good run :mjcry:

3 million puts bought on the SPY today... good luck

:francis:

无名的

Superstar
Daps
true. is that in general...or those expiring today

In general.... for all contracts.

The problem is it's hard to tell who is closing out positions and who is opening. Only way is to see if there's a huge buy on puts for example, and the volume exceeds the open interest, so that would mean someone closed positions.

If it looks like an opening position, what's more important to me is where is the money going?

The top money buys have been puts today...

Sep 15 $185 put - 60,000 @ $1.26
Oct 15 $182 put - 60,000 @ $2.05
Sep 15 $205 put - 50,000 @ $7.47
Dec 15 $170 put - 40,000 @ $2.13

And so on...

A lot look like they're banking on the S&P shaving off another 5 to 10%

But last time we looked like we were correcting (when I bought SPY puts that are looking worthless), the same type of volume happened.

This one feels different though with China problems.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In general.... for all contracts.

The problem is it's hard to tell who is closing out positions and who is opening. Only way is to see if there's a huge buy on puts for example, and the volume exceeds the open interest, so that would mean someone closed positions.

If it looks like an opening position, what's more important to me is where is the money going?

The top money buys have been puts today...

Sep 15 $185 put - 60,000 @ $1.26
Oct 15 $182 put - 60,000 @ $2.05
Sep 15 $205 put - 50,000 @ $7.47
Dec 15 $170 put - 40,000 @ $2.13

And so on...

A lot look like they're banking on the S&P shaving off another 5 to 10%

But last time we looked like we were correcting (when I bought SPY puts that are looking worthless), the same type of volume happened.

This one feels different though with China problems.
i hear you.

i mean last time there was a problem (eurozone)...and a solution was need/provided (greece bailout).

With this...it seems like there is no sort of random news that can turn it around. I'm not versed enough to know what that is regardless. I called it too...that it was gonna break up or down heavily soon depending on the fed minutes. Only thing is I didnt think it would go down like that after such a positive reaction to the minutes release. I mean...there was a time when I had puts last week and Shanghai was down 6.5%. The SPY was still green the next day. Now all of a sudden...China's growth concerns are causing everything to fall like this?

I went in too early. I saw the -2% day and though...nah...no way this doesnt bounce. But what do you know...-3% right after.

:snoop:

Usually I would've already had a stop in place and just sold after being down lets say a few hundred. But after getting scared during the Greek fiasco and missing out on 1000s i could've made had I just held I said fukk it...this shyt can reverse. But the unthinkable is happening. 5% in two days? Dammn

Never seen it this bad before

无名的

Superstar
Daps
Never seen it this bad before

I think it's gonna get a lot worse... probably not 2007 worse because I don't see a catalyst like the housing crash, but I think it could shed up to another 20% worst case. Probably another 10. The gettin has been good for too long with the Fed puppeteering everything. Now that China is looking like the disaster I've said they are for a long time, people are scared. Oil is really, really bad too with so much junk debt. Once these hedges roll off the books, a lot of companies are done for and their debt holders will be in a world of shyt too. 2016 and 2017 will be scary.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I think it's gonna get a lot worse... probably not 2007 worse because I don't see a catalyst like the housing crash, but I think it could shed up to another 20% worst case. Probably another 10. The gettin has been good for too long with the Fed puppeteering everything. Now that China is looking like the disaster I've said they are for a long time, people are scared. Oil is really, really bad too with so much junk debt. Once these hedges roll off the books, a lot of companies are done for and their debt holders will be in a world of shyt too. 2016 and 2017 will be scary.
i got nothing to say fam :mjcry:

But damn...you can see this touching 180 for real eh?

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Spot on

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

NYS comptroller posted rates of foreclosure that have spiked above housing crisis levels for the last quarter.

:sas2:

Carlos Huerta

Just keep my rep red
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How well are you guys hedged against this downturn? I picked up VXX yesterday @ $17

Only question I have is how long too hold on :lupe:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
How well are you guys hedged against this downturn? I picked up VXX yesterday @ $17

Only question I have is how long too hold on :lupe:

I.would hold vix related products very short term. This is the highest its been in what...years?

And its something like a quarter of the days VXX trades it sets new all time lows. I'll see if I can find the article.