Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
:heh: at the machines hammering the VIX on every close.

t

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Tom Hayes 'offered a humongous deal' to fix Libor
_83219435_83219434.jpg

The trader at the centre of the Libor rate-rigging trial offered his contact a "humongous deal" to keep the rate low, Southwark Crown Court has heard.

Tom Hayes promised to pay the broker up to $100,000 to keep the Libor rate "as low as possible", jurors were told.

The court heard that, in a telephone call in 2008, Mr Hayes said: "If you keep fixes unchanged, I'll do a humongous deal with you.

"I'll, of course, support and pay you... $50,000, $100,000."

Mr Hayes, 35, a former UBS and Citigroup trader, is facing eight counts of conspiracy to defraud.

He denies the charges.

Mr Hayes faced similar allegations on Wednesday. The court heard that he discussed manipulating the Libor rate with Will Hall, a trader at RBS, in February 2007.

Mr Hayes said: "Three-month Libor is too high, 'cos I've kept it artificially high."

He said he had managed to do this by "being mates with the cash desks - [JP Morgan] Chase and I always help each other out".

Mr Hayes became an "increasingly dominant force" within his market by May 2008, Mukul Chawla QC told the jury.

Goldman Sachs offered Mr Hayes a guaranteed $3.2m for the year to join the bank, according to an email sent by UBS's head of European trades Sascha Prinz in 2008.

He refused Goldman Sachs' offer after UBS increased his pay.

Mr Hayes left UBS in September 2009 to join Citigroup, where he earned about $3.5m over nine months.

Libor - the London Interbank Offered Rate - is an interest rate used by banks around the world to set the price of financial products worth trillions of pounds.

Mr Hayes, from Fleet, Hampshire, was first arrested in 2012 before being formally charged in June 2013 with eight counts of conspiracy to defraud over the period 2006 to 2010.

The trial continues at Southwark Crown Court in London.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32921361

Guess I'm in the wrong business

:dead:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Possible lotto penny play at .0001 if anybody wants in. I've been watching it for over a year, there's a huge volume spike the last two days, so something is probably happening behind the curtain. I'm hoping for a takeover or at least a pump, volume doesn't lie

You can get 1,000,000 shares for $100 lol. Why not right. I've spent more on lapdances. If the coli jumps in we'll be adding to the volume/ momentum

Stock ticker is TCHH
Once I get my checking account approved from Options Xpress, I may invest some small change into it just to get a feel of penny stocks :manny:.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once I get my checking account approved from Options Xpress, I may invest some small change into it just to get a feel of penny stocks :manny:.

Ya, it's a triple sub penny stock to boot. the grittiest of the gritty lol. it's either gonna fly or go into no bid.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if I do buy it at 0.0001, should I set my stop limit at 0.0002 or 0.0003 is something pop off?

In theory, you could. I know day traders that trade on ticks up all day, a .0001 move here, a .0002 there, just slow small gains.

This is a pure lotto play for me, the stock has literally been dead for a year. But 40 million shares have been bought in the last two days, somebody is loading and my guess is whoever's putting $4 grand in a .0001 penny stock knows there's a pay off waiting in the wings

So yea, pure lotto ticket play, it may do absolutely nothing or It could get pumped into major gains. I've seen both scenarios play out time and time again. Just recently HJOE ran from .0001 to .006 in less than a month. Momentum is key.

I say just be realistic with your goals, don't believe the promoters who say penny stock XYZ will be trading over a $1 by the end of the summer. Yes occasionally that does happen, people climb Mount Everest too, doesn't mean me or you are gonna do it. Realistically if TCHH runs, I'm gonna set a stop loss at .0008, and will take profits in increments from there. May we get to that point though

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
I'm new to penny stocks and I never heard of a triple sub penny option until last night. From the information that I read, it can go up to one tick and just die. I'm just ask a legitimate question to gain more knowledge and suggestions. Keep your snide responses to yourself if you not going help with the purpose of thread.

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm new to penny stocks and I never heard of a triple sub penny option until last night. From the information that I read, it can go up to one tick and just die. I'm just ask a legitimate question to gain more knowledge and suggestions. Keep your snide responses to yourself if you not going help with the purpose of thread.

Didn't mean to offend you :whoa:

aliG

Pro
Daps
i was big on BBRY when it was trading between 6-7$ not too long ago but idk about it now... anyone care to throw in their two cents