Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Look at your portfolio—find the underperformers and free up some cash. That's what I would do.

i cut PYPL which looks great on paper, but that hasn't made me much money to free up some room. held that shyt for so long, but made a lousy 10% gain. i sold some dividend stocks too.

Start small with Palantir, use dollar-cost averaging, and don’t chase it if the price spikes.

Remember this is a marathon, not a sprint. Same goes to ambitious but smaller company like SOUN.

Plan to accumulate and you’ll win in the end.
Good advice breh, I sometimes am stuck too much in 'buy and hold' with some of my stocks.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
Good advice breh, I sometimes am stuck too much in 'buy and hold' with some of my stocks.

I came very close to selling off sofi and putting it in RKLB. At the time I could have gotten about 1.6 shares of RKLB for every share of sofi.

I didnt...

Now just a few weeks later I'm up 10% on Sofi and up 60% on Rklb.

But we live and learn.

And, there will always be another opportunity.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Definitely a marathon as breh said and there’s always context and history. RKLB got the recent spike over SOFI, sure… yet RKLB still sits at $6.60, SOFI is at $7.00… 3 years ago both were just north of $18-20.

5 years ago PLTR was at $35… before dropping down to $6 two years ago… and now is back at $32. So understandably you’re feeling the FOMO but others are just now getting outta the depression of being down bad with it lol

As you can deduce, it’s no sure way to select or time the next “AMD” (hovered at $10-13 for 3 years, shot up to $90 in a 2 year span, and now $140-180 the last 5 years), let alone the next Netflix or Tesla.

Big thing is don’t break the bank thinking a lottery pick is right around the corner. Possibly have set times or conditions to reevaluate your stocks based on your goals/expectations.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I came very close to selling off sofi and putting it in RKLB. At the time I could have gotten about 1.6 shares of RKLB for every share of sofi.

I didnt...

Now just a few weeks later I'm up 10% on Sofi and up 60% on Rklb.

But we live and learn.

And, there will always be another opportunity.
I refuse to sell SoFi. I've slowed up on buying a bit but I strongly believe one day SoFi will just takeoff and never look back. SoFi is one of those stocks that has a great CEO and has performed well fundamentally but the market keeps moving the goal post on expectations so the price has been stuck in the same range for years. Once recession fears are put behind us should perform better.

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I refuse to sell SoFi. I've slowed up on buying a bit but I strongly believe one day SoFi will just takeoff and never look back. SoFi is one of those stocks that has a great CEO and has performed well fundamentally but the market keeps moving the goal post on expectations so the price has been stuck in the same range for years. Once recession fears are put behind us should perform better.

Definitely.

One.of the best CEO'S out there.

I hoping/thinking, rate cuts, then boom!

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Up $175 today on NVDA. This stock has been feeding me the past week and its only gonna go up more.

Do a two week options call and collect money brehs

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
More possible JADC2 money rolling in. Palantir isn't mentioned, but they completed a prototype for the EBM system.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
huge gap fill on LGMK

small position in at .22cents. s/l .16

Screenshot-2024-08-19-135506.png

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
MLGO

looks like bottom is in. nice reversal pattern. in at .58cents. s/l .48

look for a 200 EMA break tho. this shyt is explosive both ways. trade smart.

Last edited: