Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
$DLTR dropped again on earnings.

Sucks for them. The stock worked hard to recover from Aug. '23 earnings, now down again. May be a good stock to ride back up again.
I have a 130 put expiring in the money today - tried earning scalp... to no avail.

Time to wheel it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Do you get antsy with your long spec plays? Do you think you should wait to invest or be comfortable holding them longer once they show signs of life?
No I just lost all confidence in the company. They seemed to be floundering and they’re just riding the crypto wave IMO. I still haven’t sold SoFi and buy more.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No I just lost all confidence in the company. They seemed to be floundering and they’re just riding the crypto wave IMO. I still haven’t sold SoFi and buy more.

Very few stocks are at prices that are too good to pass up right now for me. Rather than holding ive just tried to set alerts for when it breaks above a level. Or comes down to a price where i feel im getting that deal i cant pass on. Then cutting and running when it breaks that level too much. I dont have the patience to hold many stocks through earnings anymore. They will tank a good stock just to accumulate more for a year at better prices. Im not trying to sit through that as much anymore:mjlol:. Its just dead money i have to hild or take a loss on. When i could be putting that money in a stock thats not sideways or slow bleeding for two years.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Anybody here buying PayPal? I have it in my M1 Finance portfolio but it's only 3.5 shares and that's just a play around portfolio I drop $100 into every time I get paid.

I'm a paypal long. I'm done buying but it's one of the most undervalued stock out there.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I started using M1 last month to buy stocks and they just announced they charging $3 a month. :martin:
I have $8800 in my M1. They say at $10K they waive the fee. Got until the middle of May to get that up. I wish they would let me open a cash account so I could park some money and pass that threshold.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick question, if I wanted to invest in the Japanese company TOPPAN, I would have to buy it through my Charles Schwab brokerage because it's not available on Robinhood or Fidelity, but 2 different things show up when I type that name in. There is TOPPY (Toppan Holdings Inc ADR) or TONPF (TOPPAN HLDGS INC ORDF). I'm thinking that the one that I need to buy is the one that says (ADR) since I am a US Citizen and they are a Japanese company, but how can I know for sure? What is the usual way to do it when people buy overseas stocks that are not available easily on regular brokerages?

I'm thinking (ADR) would be the one to choose, but I'm not sure. BYW, I haven't really done any research on this company, so please don't buy any shares just 'cause I mentioned them here.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick question, if I wanted to invest in the Japanese company TOPPAN, I would have to buy it through my Charles Schwab brokerage because it's not available on Robinhood or Fidelity, but 2 different things show up when I type that name in. There is TOPPY (Toppan Holdings Inc ADR) or TONPF (TOPPAN HLDGS INC ORDF). I'm thinking that the one that I need to buy is the one that says (ADR) since I am a US Citizen and they are a Japanese company, but how can I know for sure? What is the usual way to do it when people buy overseas stocks that are not available easily on regular brokerages?

I'm thinking (ADR) would be the one to choose, but I'm not sure. BYW, I haven't really done any research on this company, so please don't buy any shares just 'cause I mentioned them here.
I would contact Schwab customer service. Really good chat feature .

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robinhooas sd was another of my mistakes. I dhidn't want to be invested in the company so I rode out the drop and got back to my $14 cost basis and instantly sold. It's up way beyond that so while I didn't lose anything I made nothing holding it for years. I still think long term it's not a hold but I didn't factor in the crypto wave when I sold.

I also regret not buying that a little earlier. Just sold all my palantir to get into Hood. I think they're coming out with a credit card real soon. And Rich Paul's helping them market themselves now.

Last edited: