Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Molycorp up 75% today on news of a 10 year contract with Siemens

:shaq:

If this shyt recovers I will be building a swimming pool filled with money

:wow:

I jumped in yesterday. Set a sell order at $1.20 which would have been a quick 30% return

Day high today $1.15. Now it's in the red.

So close yet so far brehs :mjcry:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Some bets truly amaze me...

13,000 USO calls expiring tomorrow with $20 strike price. 9 cents a contract. A $117,000 bet that USO would move at least 38 cents in a day and a half. Same contract worth $0.25 now. So basically tripled their money in a few hours.

:dwillhuh:
It was 19.94 when I checked a minute ago. If it moves above 0.15 cents by tomorrow night, the investor just cake some easy cash. He/she just lucked with with finding that contract this late in the game.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
yjCN0SV.png

:dead:

Just remember. . . stocks go down in the shytter... until they don't.

November 2013 ACHN is at $2.50. Somewhere someone has given up.

:mjcry:

January 2015 ACHN hits almost $17.

:lawd:

You should know better than anyone things change quickly in the game.

:smugbiden:

I jumped in yesterday. Set a sell order at $1.20 which would have been a quick 30% return

Day high today $1.15. Now it's in the red.

So close yet so far brehs :mjcry:

Daytrading is too hard.

I'm confident after landing a 10 year deal with Siemens that MCP will move back up eventually. Buy some puts if you're worried. Can't let the big dogs shake out weak hands.

:youngsabo:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
I get what your saying... but ACHN was a $7-12 stock for awhile, only reason it went to $2 was the FDA hold.. I dont Cere has millions in cash, and a promising pipeline of hep c products.
Just remember. . . stocks go down in the shytter... until they don't.

November 2013 ACHN is at $2.50. Somewhere someone has given up.

:mjcry:

January 2015 ACHN hits almost $17.

:lawd:

You should know better than anyone things change quickly in the game.

:smugbiden:

Daytrading is too hard.

I'm confident after landing a 10 year deal with Siemens that MCP will move back up eventually. Buy some puts if you're worried. Can't let the big dogs shake out weak hands.

:youngsabo:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Never knew there was a investors thread here. Gonna have to start joining in the convos.
With overseas bonds yeilding negative points, where do you guys have your money for fixed income? I don't trust the bond market at all especially the european and Japanese (because of exchange rate they're negative as well).

I'm in my 20's and I have very little exposure to bonds. On top of that they're yielding nothing like you alluded to. I have a little in the Vanguard bond index (BND).

for the environment we're in I'd look at intermediate corporate bonds.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
I'm 27 but I need to hedge some riskier plays and I'm down with fat dividends but I need fixed income. Thx for your time and advice. I try to keep an 85/15 split between stocks and bond to keep my sanity honestly.
I'm in my 20's and I have very little exposure to bonds. On top of that they're yielding nothing like you alluded to. I have a little in the Vanguard bond index (BND).

for the environment we're in I'd look at intermediate corporate bonds.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
I saw GS and I believe JP rate Chesapeake energy at the best multiple of ANY stock. I already own some and seeing as the shell bp buy out looks as if the regulators OKed it. Do any of you see a pop off of such a big buyout in the energy sector? Also the RJ lorrilard deal, anyone see this as a good thing for tobacco stocks?

无名的

Superstar
Daps
lot of volume in PBR today. Oil rebounds a little and suddenly everyone is back in energy stocks...even the bottom of the barrel.

The selling in individual oil stocks was overdone after OPEC, followed by the overdone buying after the first mini recovery back into the mid 50s. The selling was more rational the second time oil dipped into the 40s. The buying is overdone again. The correlations are way out of proportion again. I think people are anticipating this being the end of a double bottom. Hell calls are even outpacing puts on USO now.

无名的

Superstar
Daps
@Bernie Madoff

Where's ACHN going? Been quiet lately.

Bought 100 shares the other day at $9.94 for the sole purpose of writing covered calls to pay for out of the money calls in case of buyout.

Sold 1 September $15 call and bought 10 June $20. Stand to lose a dollar if June expires worthless. If June is worthless and September is called, I'll make a few hundred.

:yeshrug:

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Got a grand set aside from my old savings account that I decided to experiment with. Bought one share of Apple. Have no fukking clue about stocks, but hope someone can lead me to some good resources.:skip:

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
@Bernie Madoff Where's ACHN going? Been quiet lately. Bought 100 shares the other day at $9.94 for the sole purpose of writing covered calls to pay for out of the money calls in case of buyout. Sold 1 September $15 call and bought 10 June $20. Stand to lose a dollar if June expires worthless. If June is worthless and September is called, I'll make a few hundred. :yeshrug:
I've been out since $12, not really following it anymore.

Last edited: