Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

无名的

Superstar
Daps
95% of that IPO is paying off silver lake and other shareholders.

How much can party city possibly be worth?

Dont forget Ashleymadison.com wants to IPO as well but they'll probably go to Europe because they're more liberal about the whole cheating on your spouse thing. :heh:

IPOs are rarely priced for the retail investor to get a deal when it goes to market. Good for nothing more than a short term pop.

How can someone like the SEC not step in when someone has 1 losing trading day in 6 years?

:dwillhuh:

Yeah, yeah, liquidity. I get their value proposition.

Etsy is shyt too... part of the proceeds are going to Etsy.org, which I think benefits women entrepreneurs. Not sure that's how they should be spending my money.

:usure:

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
95% of that IPO is paying off silver lake and other shareholders.

How much can party city possibly be worth?

Dont forget Ashleymadison.com wants to IPO as well but they'll probably go to Europe because they're more liberal about the whole cheating on your spouse thing. :heh:
What?????:dwillhuh:

Who in their right mind invest would invest in that website. I would love the see which major hedge fund or institutional investor willing to explain this shyt to their clients. Hey, people cheat all the time, lets make a profit off of this :lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:!!!!

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
IPOs are rarely priced for the retail investor to get a deal when it goes to market. Good for nothing more than a short term pop.

How can someone like the SEC not step in when someone has 1 losing trading day in 6 years?

:dwillhuh:

Yeah, yeah, liquidity. I get their value proposition.

:

I've given up on thinking the SEC is going to come down on these HFT firms. One of these days the market is going to crash and the SEC will be sitting there acting like they didnt know what was going on.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've given up on thinking the SEC is going to come down on these HFT firms. One of these days the market is going to crash and the SEC will be sitting there acting like they didnt know what was going on.
I know the flash crashes are happening more frequently, but someone has to make markets. If you're going to regulate the banks out of it, someone is going to step into their place to play that role. Pick your poison.

aliG

Pro
Daps
What do you guys think of GE? I am thinking of buying and holding forever. It is a very boring ala Tim Duncan esque stock

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What do you guys think of GE? I am thinking of buying and holding forever. It is a very boring ala Tim Duncan esque stock

I've always had a bundle of shares, people compare it to bonds. The dividend is good and it seems like there's a real potential for it to rise. The stock is at the highest point its been at for some time now though...

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

When I first started dabbling in the market 5 years ago, my buddy was big on GE as a buy and hold.

His philosophy was GE is basically an american business institution. If they go under, stock losses will be the least of your worries.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Don't feel bad. My dad was holding a large number of NFLX shares at $80. Sold them for $120 and thought he made a killer trade.

It's one of his biggest regrets in life, no bullsh1t
lol yup. we've all been there though.

Gonna purchase some GoPro equities probably soon. Just wired 2000 to my trading account. Hopefully it can dip to $45 before earnings. I wanna buy options but them two year joints got wide bid/ask spreads :mjcry:

I look at GPro the same way i did WFM last year. Going to run some analysis on Discovery Communications and then HPQ off the strength of @Bernie Madoff :myman:

Last edited:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Damn that reverse split has not been kind to CERE

Lol CERE is a POS company. I forget who was pumping it in here but I had the :dahell: face going everytime. From what I read their entire business is dependent on a good harvesting season and Brazil hasn't had one in 5+ years. Without it they go bankrupt.