Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
SoFi is completely divorced from the fundamentals at this point. Given the challenged the company faces with the current dependency on student loans yeah the earnings were solid. The guidance for the next quarter was lower than analyst estimates though so in this environment it gets punished.

This is a company that like I said has some challenges and in the fact of that consistently improves. It's almost a textbook example of what an investor wants to see. The company becomes stronger, the price falls. At some point that reverses.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. In the end I think the company will be proven right. Just hope there isn't a buyout due to the low stock price before then. I'd say both SoFi and Robinhood are likely attractive buyout candidates for a big bank. I guess if Chase swallowed them I could live with it as I think Chase is the best bank going but I doubt they do that.

I think I'll continue to buy more even past today where I'd reached 900 shares. I think it's gonna be a weekly buy for me going forward as long as the price is so low.
yea, student loans being paused in hurting them, but these sky high interest rates for when people start paying again or have to refi later this year (or next) gonna get them right back in it

247Alex

Pro
Daps
oh the javascript thing worked - sold out of SBNY for CME and SOFI .. price kinda moves with bitcoin which id like to get away from
sofi earnings looked solid
i like CMEs dividend and special dividend - solid company also

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
Back to back days my QQQ and Spy puts absolutely printed :wow: and I grabbed some Coinbase puts for earnings I should be up on those tomorrow morning whew if I keep going like this for the rest of the year I really could retire next year.

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Back to back days my QQQ and Spy puts absolutely printed :wow: and I grabbed some Coinbase puts for earnings I should be up on those tomorrow morning whew if I keep going like this for the rest of the year I really could retire next year.
Weeklies/every other day expiration? Or other timeframe?

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
Weeklies/every other day expiration? Or other timeframe?

a mixture but most times every other day expiration, sometimes 0 day expiration these are dangerous if played wrong but I usually always go ITM never OTM so it usually works out. I never go any longer because your delta gets capped the further you go out plus I don’t need the time because I either day trade them or swing over night sometimes.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Are y’all still buying on the way or just holding cash? I’m still putting $500 a month in my IRA. But I don’t plan on buying until I start seeing an uptrend

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
a mixture but most times every other day expiration, sometimes 0 day expiration these are dangerous if played wrong but I usually always go ITM never OTM so it usually works out. I never go any longer because your delta gets capped the further you go out plus I don’t need the time because I either day trade them or swing over night sometimes.
How much capital do you need to daytrade or swing puts?