Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
yall was adamant about crude going into the 30s.

my call of $45 somehow still stands :francis:
These oil bigwigs will not let the demand for oil to get that low. They did not become rich by doing moral shyt. This excess oil is going to get used by us customers in the near future.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
guess asia didn't like our sell-off today

CA-PMh4U0AAnpzU.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
These oil bigwigs will not let the demand for oil to get that low. They did not become rich by doing moral shyt. This excess oil is going to get used by us customers in the near future.
There isn't any demand growth in the US though, so counting on this country to absorb excess demand isn't a very good strategy. Demand growth has been driven primarily through emerging markets. With Chinas slowdown and other economies taking a turn for the worst, its a bleak outlook.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
It ain't that easy to control demand, breh

There isn't any demand growth in the US though, so counting on this country to absorb excess demand isn't a very good strategy. Demand growth has been driven primarily through emerging markets. With Chinas slowdown and other economies taking a turn for the worst, its a bleak outlook.

But to state the the outlook is bleak is ridiculous. Every natural commodity has it up and down moments. Right now, it's oil who is having a down moment with the excess supply. I still believe that the US markets should be able to pick up some of the supply within the next couple of months due to the change in season and people will travel more (especially in the Northeast and Midwest). I also feel that China will start to grow again and start demanding for oil. Oil demand may not be up to the levels from 2012 with Iran trying to get their supply in the global markets but over time it will slowly rise again. It all speculation and patience :yeshrug:.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
But to state the the outlook is bleak is ridiculous. Every natural commodity has it up and down moments. Right now, it's oil who is having a down moment with the excess supply. I still believe that the US markets should be able to pick up some of the supply within the next couple of months due to the change in season and people will travel more (especially in the Northeast and Midwest). I also feel that China will start to grow again and start demanding for oil. Oil demand may not be up to the levels from 2012 with Iran trying to get their supply in the global markets but over time it will slowly rise again. It all speculation and patience :yeshrug:.
It is not only crude that is in a bear. Almost every major commodity has collapsed in recent years. There is oversupply and weak growth everywhere you look and until things actually do start turning around, I dont think its a solid plan to assume it will. Coming into this year, US GDP growth expectations were looking solid, but its looking more and more likely that it falls closer into line with the rest of the world. There are downward expectation revisions coming out every day. These are not developments that would lead me to be long oil in the medium term.

Seasonal trends are already factored into current prices.

To boil down all these prices declines to speculation is oversimplifying the situation.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
It is not only crude that is in a bear. Almost every major commodity has collapsed in recent years. There is oversupply and weak growth everywhere you look and until things actually do start turning around, I dont think its a solid plan to assume it will. Coming into this year, US GDP growth expectations were looking solid, but its looking more and more likely that it falls closer into line with the rest of the world. There are downward expectation revisions coming out every day. These are not developments that would lead me to be long oil in the medium term.

To boil down all these prices declines to speculation is oversimplifying the situation.
It will. This is only a temporary setback for the time being.

无名的

Superstar
Daps

And China looks :flabbynsick: like 07 US. That will be the next market shock.