Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
One could argue that the market is getting back to normal. It was artificially inflated during Covid by the Fed. Inflation has the Fed's hands tied now.
It’s pass that point a long time ago we are talking huge earning companies getting destroyed with unreal drops

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
do you have all tech? i know you said it before but i can't remember
any bank stocks?
for me my bank stocks and companies like home depot have been keeping me stable I'm still red but not that bad
HD is down 26 % ytd

lib123

All Star
Daps
It’s pass that point a long time ago we are talking huge earning companies getting destroyed with unreal drops

No, it's not pass that point. The Fed and overall government stimulus fueled earnings and valuations during the pandemic. Now that the support is being withdrawn, companies can no longer meet earnings expectations to justify their inflated valuations. Large companies have overinflated market caps too. These drops aren't unreal, they happened after the dot com bubble burst in the early 2000s. It took Microsoft 15 years to reach its March 2000 peak again.

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
No, it's not pass that point. The Fed and overall government stimulus fueled earnings and valuations during the pandemic. Now that the support is being withdrawn, companies can no longer meet earnings expectations to justify their inflated valuations. Large companies have overinflated market caps too. These drops aren't unreal, they happened after the dot com bubble burst in the early 2000s. It took Microsoft 15 years to reach its March 2000 peak again.
I ain’t got 15 years I’m trying to get double steak at chipotle bruh shyt is hard man

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
I got out of all small caps in Feb. 2021, because the drops were just too much to ignore. Now I just keep DCA into my long terms - MSFT, JPM and AAPL. I have shares and leaps in $C too. Not really concerned about any of these positions right now. The only spec play I continue to buy is $RKLB, because I love the space sector.

247Alex

Pro
Daps
I got out of all small caps in Feb. 2021, because the drops were just too much to ignore. Now I just keep DCA into my long terms - MSFT, JPM and AAPL. I have shares and leaps in $C too. Not really concerned about any of these positions right now. The only spec play I continue to buy is $RKLB, because I love the space sector.
yeah ive been buying more into my longs but even after good earnings some of these are getting slapped. I can think of 3 off the top of my head - SBNY , BX and BNTX . All had stellar earnings and are back below where they were before earnings lol