Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, they call it pricing in news, but its all bullshyt.

Tesla is a different story. I'm thinking Elon critics are going to try to hurt the company by shorting it down. Now with everyone knowing he will get margin called at around $547, that would be an interesting target for them.

especially with these sh!tty market conditions, twitter might be his own trojan horse

:ohhh:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Yea, they call it pricing in news, but its all bullshyt.

Tesla is a different story. I'm thinking Elon critics are going to try to hurt the company by shorting it down. Now with everyone knowing he will get margin called at around $547, that would be an interesting target for them.

you think people would let it get that low? Elon is definitely a fukking idiot though. just keep making cars and beating ERs this twitter shyt is so unnecessary fukking over tesla shareholders.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
you think people would let it get that low? Elon is definitely a fukking idiot though. just keep making cars and beating ERs this twitter shyt is so unnecessary fukking over tesla shareholders.
No clue. I know Cathie Woods sold 8000 shares yesterday. So if other funds dont like his antics, they could possibly shave their positions too.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Picking up a full share of Amazon and Google Monday morning.

Put us on game breh...

When a bull market is humming, brehs won't think twice about the price of any company as long as it's running. You could've thrown money at damn near any stock at any price in 2020 and made a good return. (see: ARKK). Now that all that momentum has stopped, you can see who really knew what they were buying at the correct price vs who just copped off FOMO & speculation cuz StOnKs oNlY gO uP.

The investors that can really break down the earnings reports to understand how a good company really makes it's money will be all the way up when things settle down because they know how much a company is actually worth & they will be able to buy them at a discount.

Im not talking about boomer P/E tropes either. I personally use Enterprise Value as a part of my formula to calculate a fair price. It takes mad time at first but the time spent on that side is worth the peace of mind since I'm not living and dying over 1-minute candles.

I'm only holding 3 stocks in my portfolio right now. Based on my calcs, both MSFT and NVDA are trading around 5% under their fair price. If they get to 10%, I'm loading up. Even with today's action, AAPL is still overvalued by around 5% so I'm cool to buy more until it hits my price.

I'm not buying companies with wack balance sheets, suspect moats and bloated prices. If you can buy good stocks at great prices, you should be straight imo.

This is my first year investing so I could have this whole thing wrong, but thats my $0.02:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All that artificial comfort built up during the peak of the pandemic is crumbling down. The Fed and banks about to raise interest rates since the housing market is nil.

Is the housing bubble gonna burst? I'm sure it won't be anything like 2008, but time to keep cash on hand and cop houses on the low.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Managing risk is the most important thing. Use trailing stops. This isn't a bear or bull market. This is a market that will reward patience. Tech has been weak for the last 6 months, the signs were all over the place for energy. Most energy names I posted here 2-3x in a matter of 6 months. Manage risk, preserve capital, use trailing stops.

This market is extremely hard to trade short term. There will be crazy short squeezes even in a bear market. Pay attention to price action, moving averages, volume, and simple patterns. If you are guessing, just hold cash.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I got out of all small caps in Feb. 2021, because the drops were just too much to ignore. Now I just keep DCA into my long terms - MSFT, JPM and AAPL. I have shares and leaps in $C too. Not really concerned about any of these positions right now. The only spec play I continue to buy is $RKLB, because I love the space sector.
Finviz-->Screener--->Unusual Volume/Small Cap/Optionable

and you'd find a joint like SKYH or ATER