Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Bought a few shares of Facebook. I decided to remain a shareholder and trust that such a company won’t flounder.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
weird tesla's stock is dropping like this. i wonder if elon is selling his shares or doing something with the stock to fund the twitter buy.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do people still shop at Penney's or Kohls?

Both of those stores were where my mom bought my clothes as a kid but I haven't stepped foot inside one of them since I was a pre-teen.
To me this is like when the worst teams in the league decide to 'change direction' and sign a coach that went 5-12 the prior year :mjgrin:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I think it's that and the fact that he's putting some of his shares up for collateral for this too

Its still troll ass price action since we just had ER and Tesla isn't going any where its ramping up actually. I'm not even worried about this dip, just mad I didn't buy puts today. Market been stupid, all it'll take ironically is Elon tweeting that its nothing to fear tesla is fine and this is why and the price is right back where it was. an absurdity but its the world we in now.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Its still troll ass price action since we just had ER and Tesla isn't going any where its ramping up actually. I'm not even worried about this dip, just mad I didn't buy puts today. Market been stupid, all it'll take ironically is Elon tweeting that its nothing to fear tesla is fine and this is why and the price is right back where it was. an absurdity but its the world we in now.

Large-scale purchases like expensive cars are heavily correlated with the stock market. If the stock market corrects in a major way, people will feel poorer and/or less job security. Many won't be purchasing new expensive cars. And a downturn will bring down oil prices, making electric cars less appealing.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I don’t know what to do anymore these losses are truly insane

the nasdag down 20% YTD

this is one of the worst markets in history not even joking a little

these numbers are truly insane to look at

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Large-scale purchases like expensive cars are heavily correlated with the stock market. If the stock market corrects in a major way, people will feel poorer and/or less job security. Many won't be purchasing new expensive cars. And a downturn will bring down oil prices, making electric cars less appealing.

I don't think tesla is even really marketed as "affordable" though. their base car is like what 45k? next up 80k? shyt been for wealthy nikkas from the jump. They just opened up the biggest factory in the world and the demand hasn't wavered at all. Its w/e really since I have commons so I'll hold for years if I need to but I see today as a huge over reaction.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I don't think tesla is even really marketed as "affordable" though. their base car is like what 45k? next up 80k? shyt been for wealthy nikkas from the jump. They just opened up the biggest factory in the world and the demand hasn't wavered at all. Its w/e really since I have commons so I'll hold for years if I need to but I see today as a huge over reaction.

In 2022, 45K isn't that expensive for a new car. And 90% of Tesla's vehicle sales come from those base models. Most people buying those cars aren't wealthy. They're doing well for themselves, but a sudden fall in their 401K and fears about recession (layoffs) will make them less likely to purchase new cars.