Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
kendrick-lamar.gif

*sees it dropped more since this post*

giphy.gif

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nasdaq QQQ hit a low of $318.26 on Feb 24. It's basically doubled bottomed here. Let's see if we push off in this area or keep freefalling. We're basically trading near the bottoms we saw from all 3 major indexes 3 weeks ago.

Yep, Nasdaq got a nice bounce off that area. The price action between now and close will be telling though.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
oh I agree sofi is legit, its just all this dudes spacs seem to go to shyt for one reason or the other

The investing environment after the Covid stimulus and slashing interest rates were ripe for investing. It was the perfect time for the SPAC craze because you were premiering the promise of tomorrow.

I saw it in the private space too, a lot of tech companies got funding rounds with crazy valuations. VCs were comfortable throwing that much cash into speculation because borrowing against the future cost next to nothing.

Now that we’re back to earth, the valuations of speculative tech come down with it. Riskified is an example of a good tech company, that IPO’d at the worst possible time. IPO’d last July at $26, rose up to $37 in September, fell to $20 in November….. And now it can be had for $5.60. The company didn’t do a 180 or just suddenly start sucking… but due to external factors investors probably realize they’ll need to invest less in speculation and more in the things that are not sexy but stable (my opinion).

My bottomline, SoFi wasn’t a $20 stock last year, it was the market environment. But it also isn’t a $7 stock, that’s also market environment (my opinion).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Leaps aren’t a bad idea at all. I personally don’t see them getting acquired though, they’re buying up pieces for their mid-long term ambitions, not looking like a piece to be bought. Buying Galileo and then combining technisys gives them the ability to further grow their business banking revenue, ie Galileo services a bunch of other fintechs / Neobanks, so SoFi’s long term story isn’t just about consumer banking.

But to your point, their market cap has taken such a hit due to market that you never know what can and can’t be bought
Yeah SoFi is building a platform for fintech piece by piece. I sleep easy holding it even as it falls because I think it's a winner long term. I will conceded I overpaid for all those IPOE shares in the low $20s that screwed my average. Oh well.