Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
qqq trying to hold 325.75 but it's resisting currently, I think 322 then 320 is in order if it doesnt hold.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this is what i am thinking. i might shave some off to buy WHEAT. hearing there is a shortage of this so price is going up.
I'm not too informed but is there a marked difference in the Oil trade vs the Wheat trade?

My uneducated understanding is that they are both trades based on the squeeze in resources thanks to the war along w/ an increase in demand post-pandemic. The prices aren't sustainable so if/when resources are reallocated, they are gonna fall in a hurry. Not saying it will happen overnight because Shipping is a stretched sector taking forever to unwind, but I think Wheat and Oil move in lockstep.

I actually just did a quick search to see how the Oil and Gas ETF (XLE) is correlated to the Wheat ETF (WEAT) and how that compares to an investment in one of the main indexes (S&P 500, Nasdaq, Dow Jones):

Link (Looking @ Jan 2021 - March 2022)

Overall, Wheat and Oil are strongly correlated at 88%, so it's might not be a very diverse trade FYI

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I'm not too informed but is there a marked difference in the Oil trade vs the Wheat trade?

My uneducated understanding is that they are both trades based on the squeeze in resources thanks to the war along w/ an increase in demand post-pandemic. The prices aren't sustainable so if/when resources are reallocated, they are gonna fall in a hurry. Not saying it will happen overnight because Shipping is a stretched sector taking forever to unwind, but I think Wheat and Oil move in lockstep.

I actually just did a quick search to see how the Oil and Gas ETF (XLE) is correlated to the Wheat ETF (WEAT) and how that compares to an investment in one of the main indexes (S&P 500, Nasdaq, Dow Jones):

Link (Looking @ Jan 2021 - March 2022)

Overall, Wheat and Oil are strongly correlated at 88%, so it's might not be a very diverse trade FYI

i've been reading about the russia/ukraine situation and ukraine is the 5th largest exporter of wheat so when russia takes over they'll cut the supply off. that could be priced in actually since wheat has had a big move in the last month as well. i'm just looking for commodities to put money into because i think inflation will continue to rise. i'm gonna look into utilities such as water or something like grocery stores.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i'm roughly the same (-140k) :mjcry:
kendrick-lamar.gif

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What? Lol

This morning somebody in my stock group mentioned not to touch Tesla today and I asked why and he said Elon had been talking crazy on Twitter. Said Elon challenged Putin to a fade and I been busy this morning and didn't get a chance to see if he was being tongue-in-cheek or serious. And low and behold :mjlol:...

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This morning somebody in my stock group mentioned not to touch Tesla today and I asked why and he said Elon had been talking crazy on Twitter. Said Elon challenged Putin to a fade and I been busy this morning and didn't get a chance to see if he was being tongue-in-cheek or serious. And low and behold :mjlol:...

:deadmanny:

It's one thing to stand against Russia. It's another to publicly antagonize their leader on some trolling shyt.

You really don't want those Russian hackers having a vendetta against your multinational multi-billion dollar company :whoa: