Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm browsing Reddit and the amount of people panic selling and posting panic post is startling. It's like these people never accepted or even considered that things could go the other way. You can just tell people were playing around with money they actually needed shorter term and got caught up in a market decline.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
What strike did you get? I woke up late today and missed the open but all of the options chains were hardly traded smh
I bought some of these in Feb, then I added more of the same last week:
DWAC Jun 17 '22 $40 Put

The first bunch I bought are still negative, but the new lot is gaining so much lately that overall it's positive now.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm looking at my techs... The market needs to show some fight today if not these techs are looking to break into new low territory. The bleeding just don't stop.

We may see today in tech:

AAPL < 150
NVDA < 205
AMD < 100
TSLA < 700
FB < 180
Qcomm < 135

:huhldup:

We need a green day today :whew:

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is by far the most dissapointing stock I've seen in the past few months.

Chamath is really toxic cuz this shyt should never touch sub 10 yet here we are...

The investing environment after the Covid stimulus and slashing interest rates were ripe for investing. It was the perfect time for the SPAC craze because you were premiering the promise of tomorrow.

I saw it in the private space too, a lot of tech companies got funding rounds with crazy valuations. VCs were comfortable throwing that much cash into speculation because borrowing against the future cost next to nothing.

Now that we’re back to earth, the valuations of speculative tech come down with it. Riskified is an example of a good tech company, that IPO’d at the worst possible time. IPO’d last July at $26, rose up to $37 in September, fell to $20 in November….. And now it can be had for $5.60. The company didn’t do a 180 or just suddenly start sucking… but due to external factors investors probably realize they’ll need to invest less in speculation and more in the things that are not sexy but stable (my opinion).

My bottomline, SoFi wasn’t a $20 stock last year, it was the market environment. But it also isn’t a $7 stock, that’s also market environment (my opinion).

Meanwhile, last year I sold like $4K worth of my AMD (it was at $98/share... I’d got in at $27) and threw it into SoFi @ $18, thinking I jumped ship to a better long term investment :mjlol:

I miss AMD :francis: She was a bad bytch:francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Meanwhile, last year I sold like $4K worth of my AMD (it was at $98/share... I’d got in at $27) and threw it into SoFi @ $18, thinking I jumped ship to a better long term investment :mjlol:

I miss AMD :francis: She was a bad bytch:francis:
This is why I stopped watching other stocks. My watch list I pay attention to is only really stocks I own. I used to see deals on other companies and sell one to get into another because I lacked the capital to buy outright.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
growth plays i made for the long term that i no longer believe in - TDOC, BIGC
growth plays that were supposed to be flips that i'm now stuck in - GDRX
growth plays i made for the long term that have me saying "dear lord let these recover 3-5 years from now" - SOFI,TAN
growth plays that i bought low enough to weather the storm - LCID, PLTR
and then a bunch of small purchases in pure YOLO shyt that's down 65-85% :mjlol:

China fukked up by biggest winner tho, LKNCY done collapsed again :beli:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
growth plays i made for the long term that have me saying "dear lord let these recover 3-5 years from now" - SOFI,TAN
and then a bunch of small purchases in pure YOLO shyt that's down 65-85% :mjlol:

Tdoc will eventually do good I believe that

BigC no only hope is they get bought by shop

GDRX I liked a lot too I still think it has a good business model I think it will work out

SoFi is eh I think what there business is isn’t special at all so I dunno

PLTR ain’t going no where it’s gonna be a huge company

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

I got Tdoc and GDRX too
TDOC i sold most last year because i saw that a lot of insurance companies were just replicating the tech instead of going to them
GDRX i'm holding but i'm hoping they get acquired by amazon or something i don't know