Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If valuations keep getting cut down at this pace we are going to see very good deals soon
you really think its got that much farther to go?

im expecting more red, but tryna gauge how much. its dipped pretty significantly so far

no one knows, obviously :patrice:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
so who's buying facebook?

ive always hated the company. but i cant even tell if this is a great buying opportunity, or that loss in value was justified :huhldup:

I don’t have any in depth analysis but these two reasons alone for me is why I’m not in now or plan on buying in near future.

- Data is one of their biggest businesses; By way of both regulations and public opinion, the way we share and give access to personal data, and how businesses can sell it, will be curbed a little bit.

- Basically I asked myself if I’d wanna open a position in FB right now, or keep adding to something like my AAPL position or MSFT. All are at a discount in theory right now, but I’m way more confident in Apple and Microsoft running their business and finding new ways to continue profitability

- This is more anectdotal, but usually a company rebranding like this is a sign that the best times aren’t ahead. And/or that the reputation of the original grand is tarnished. In facebook’s case, we can’t say if the former is true or not, but we know that latter is true. Full disclosure this wasn’t an original thought of mine, see tweet below

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
you really think its got that much farther to go?

im expecting more red, but tryna gauge how much. its dipped pretty significantly so far

no one knows, obviously :patrice:

As fast as tech and growth exploded in 2020, we should be prepared for it to correct and slow down equally.

I don’t think tech is gonna crash, but the point someone else made about QQQ from 2000-2002 is a good one. Sometimes corrections aren’t ‘crash shaped’ they’re just quarters and quarters of little to no growth

lib123

All Star
Daps
As fast as tech and growth exploded in 2020, we should be prepared for it to correct and slow down equally.

I don’t think tech is gonna crash, but the point someone else made about QQQ from 2000-2002 is a good one. Sometimes corrections aren’t ‘crash shaped’ they’re just quarters and quarters of little to no growth

Tech is definitely gonna crash, and this crash will be faster due to the social media mania component and $900B stock margin debt deleveraging forcing investors to sell shares, regardless of underlying companies fundamentals. Another big factor now vs 2000 is crypto. We know that total crypto market cap is $1.8 trillion but have no clue about total margin debt and derivatives tied to crypto. Crypto will crash with stocks adding to the forced selling.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just got the email to upgrade my SoFi Money account to a separate checking and savings account and get 1% APY up from 0.25%. Might need to move some money to take advantage cause my other accounts are 0.50% APY.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got the email to upgrade my SoFi Money account to a separate checking and savings account and get 1% APY up from 0.25%. Might need to move some money to take advantage cause my other accounts are 0.50% APY.

Just did the same with my account. Also got the email about margin borrowing too