Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yall nikkas still up? i went down bad
i basically just liquidated my whole portfolio

i wasnt really on a lot of cathie wood plays (i was in Coinbase, AirBNB, Palantir for reasons that had nothing to do with her) and CRSPR which was off her recommendation. But I am in a lot of growth and its just been nothing but bullshyt for the better part of the last 12 months. So I am throwing in the towel and trying to preserve capital because for some reason what ever I am in just cant gain momentum. Took a huge L over the last year and I have had enough + I feel like it aint gonna get much better any time soon.

It is tough being in stocks that are at best neutral when the news is positive. Even blue chip companies in my portfolio like Blackstone. Will do great after an Earnings release only to get mashed up a week later with the rest of the market. I just give up. Gonna save my cash and invest it in my side venture(s) and hopefully buy a home in a year or two. Maybe when I am ready to get back in the market will be in a bear market or some shyt and I can actually eat as opposed to be a bagholder.

To make matters worse I work in Private Credit and the firm I work at restricts us from trading / shorting anything. Dont even think we can buy puts. So fukk it. Good luck to the rest of yall

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

i wasnt really on a lot of cathie wood plays (i was in Coinbase, AirBNB, Palantir for reasons that had nothing to do with her) and CRSPR which was off her recommendation. But I am in a lot of growth and its just been nothing but bullshyt for the better part of the last 12 months. So I am throwing in the towel and trying to preserve capital because for some reason what ever I am in just cant gain momentum. Took a huge L over the last year and I have had enough + I feel like it aint gonna get much better any time soon.

It is tough being in stocks that are at best neutral when the news is positive. Even blue chip companies in my portfolio like Blackstone. Will do great after an Earnings release only to get mashed up a week later with the rest of the market. I just give up. Gonna save my cash and invest it in my side venture(s) and hopefully buy a home in a year or two. Maybe when I am ready to get back in the market will be in a bear market or some shyt and I can actually eat as opposed to be a bagholder.

To make matters worse I work in Private Credit and the firm I work at restricts us from trading / shorting anything. Dont even think we can buy puts. So fukk it. Good luck to the rest of yall

about to join you breh. Complete shytshow.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
about to join you breh. Complete shytshow.
i took a massive L man. Tried to do it the right way and just buy and hold but I just cant afford to lose anything else at this stage of life unfortunately. Dont want to lose more thousands and thousands and have to wait years to regain that. Nope.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
nikkas' stocks will blow out estimates and theyll only be up like 2%, then red by the end of the week
nikkas stocks miss estimates, down 25%+ over the course of a few days. Meanwhile some bullshyt like DWAC is going up like crazy. Theres crazy bias in the markets right now. It's a joke

When i first used to post in this thread 10 years ago, there was rhyme and reason to the stock market. With sound fundamental analysis nikkas could make money. Now its just a crapshoot and a matter of aligning with whoever has money seems to be doing (shoulda listened when Michael Burry started shorting Cathie Wood stocks for example)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

i feel you...i got fukked on a lot of growth last feb and have just held those positions, but won't add to them until we're really in recovery, some of them, i'm not even sure i could add enough to average down far enough to an attainable price :russ: :mjcry: i just can't face selling something i'm down on by 50-75% :huhldup:

but i just keep buying the indexes and blue chips on days they look good, hoping when i look at my account in 5 years it pays off.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I mean I'm not even gonna talk about diamond hands. Why would you do this? Did you not believe in those companies you bought? What kind of time horizon did you see for these investments? I'm down 40-50% on all my growth plays and at this point I'm uninterested in realizing those losses. If they go low enough they'll probably get bought out and I'll either get shares in a new company or an inflated price on the buyout rumors or payout.

I look back on all the companies I've sold at a loss and pretty much all of them recovered in about a year from the worse. Hell oil was over and I sold Exxon. I had a cost basis I wanna say in the high $50s sold in the $30-40 range and today the shyt is $75.