Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
This Russia and Ukraine situation is not impacting stocks and is just noise imo. The world’s economy was on lockdown for like a year and stocks rallied like crazy but Russia invading Ukraine is going to drop it? Get that dumb shyt outta here.

it all comes down to the Fed’s money printing and interest rate imo. When billions of dollars isn’t pumping stocks everyday this is the result.

lib123

All Star
Daps
This Russia and Ukraine situation is not impacting stocks and is just noise imo. The world’s economy was on lockdown for like a year and stocks rallied like crazy but Russia invading Ukraine is going to drop it? Get that dumb shyt outta here.

it all comes down to the Fed’s money printing and interest rate imo. When billions of dollars isn’t pumping stocks everyday this is the result.

Markets are in a bubble. Any flight to safe assets has ripple effects.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

by mid march this wont even be thought about unless breh really goes scorched earth.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
IMO the invasion is partially motivated by Putin trying to tank US markets.
It's possible but he's is cutting his nose to spite his face, no? The index tracking Russia's stock market (MOEX) is down 10% right now while US indices are only down around 1-2%.

I've been listening to The Economist's podcast covering the saga, and they really point out how he overplayed his hand and is stuck. If he backs down, he looks like a bytch, but if he goes to war, it looks pretty unprovoked globally (and potentially in Russia).

His country is already getting screwed by ineffective vaccines and misinformation swelling their Covid death #s, so he needs to tread a lot more carefully then he's doing. He could get himself overthrown if he fukks this up and I don't see a way he can save face. It's like he's trying to control what people hear/see a la China, but I don't know of Russia is strong/ostracized enough for that to work all the time.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
7wqkd729y1j81.jpg

:picard::wow::damn: saw this on reddit.
This is why I’m having problems understanding the shytting on cathie. It’s a fukkin innovation/growth fund, the sector got slaughtered, was she supposed to sell everything and buy energy and financials? Consumer goods? Gold? :dahell:

That said, I really wish I would’ve cashed out last February with all my gains :sadcam:

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
It's possible but he's is cutting his nose to spite his face, no? The index tracking Russia's stock market (MOEX) is down 10% right now while US indices are only down around 1-2%.

I've been listening to The Economist's podcast covering the saga, and they really point out how he overplayed his hand and is stuck. If he backs down, he looks like a bytch, but if he goes to war, it looks pretty unprovoked globally (and potentially in Russia).

His country is already getting screwed by ineffective vaccines and misinformation swelling their Covid death #s, so he needs to tread a lot more carefully then he's doing. He could get himself overthrown if he fukks this up and I don't see a way he can save face. It's like he's trying to control what people hear/see a la China, but I don't know of Russia is strong/ostracized enough for that to work all the time.

Putin's been preparing for this since 2014. They've built up their foreign currency and gold reserves to $600B, enough to cover most major government expenses to the point where oil revenues can cover government spending as long as it's above $44/barrell. Oil is currently trading at $92 and conflict will take it higher. And in a perverse way, a collapse in Russia's stock market could allow the government to step in and take more control via bailouts resulting in government ownership. He could be in over his head, but willing to take losses if it will hurt the US.

Putin, Facing Sanction Threats, Has Been Saving for This Day

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
spy is green fukking lol:deadmanny:
That's cool but all my growth stocks are down 2-4% just in premarket. My shyt gonna be looking like the bedsheets of a brother that couldn't hold back that full week and went to town on some period p*ssy.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps

Chain reaction of markets breh. A world war wouldn’t be good for any market