Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Stock market investing used to be fun. It used to be enjoyable. I agree with Financial Education on one of his last videos. We've been getting beaten down for a while now on these growth stocks and a lot of the retail crowd have never been actively investing through a time like this.

I started my investing career in Jan 2019 and I \'ve never seen anything like this. Most of my investing career you could pick any stock and as long as it was a half decent company it was going up gradually over time. These days most days are down and I'm almost out of the gains a made over the last few years. It could get depressing seeing your holdings down day after day.

At the point we're at now you need to be more selective about the companies you pick and even then you could get blasted. That's why we got people like Meet Kevin and Tom Nash talking about doing stupid shyt like timing the market. They're doing this because this drought of success is going on for so long and people's accounts are shrinking so they're getting desperate to do anything possible to generate traction. Everybody knows not to try and time the market, it's one of the golden rules yet people that know better are discussing it.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stock market investing used to be fun. It used to be enjoyable. I agree with Financial Education on one of his last videos. We've been getting beaten down for a while now on these growth stocks and a lot of the retail crowd have never been actively investing through a time like this.

I started my investing career in Jan 2019 and I \'ve never seen anything like this. Most of my investing career you could pick any stock and as long as it was a half decent company it was going up gradually over time. These days most days are down and I'm almost out of the gains a made over the last few years. It could get depressing seeing your holdings down day after day.

At the point we're at now you need to be more selective about the companies you pick and even then you could get blasted. That's why we got people like Meet Kevin and Tom Nash talking about doing stupid shyt like timing the market. They're doing this because this drought of success is going on for so long and people's accounts are shrinking so they're getting desperate to do anything possible to generate traction. Everybody knows not to try and time the market, it's one of the golden rules yet people that know better are discussing it.

At this point I just invest in my tsp and index funds. My options accounts are shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I can't believe that AMC thread is still going in the locker room. Every time I see it pop up on the front page I look at the stock out of curiosity. Right now it's at $14.94.

The thing is, it already had it's rally during the meme-stock days, May-June of last year. If you weren't in it before it shot up, it's a wrap.

It's almost back down to where it was before.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV

index funds and blue chip/dividend stocks have been treating me well since the crash 2020, if you were invested in the AMCs and GAMESTOPs of the world then i can see how the market is not as "fun". I believe stocks became trendy because a lot of people were at home and nothing to do during the covid crash. Not that people are getting used to life after covid, now stocks and investing are on the backburner

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla

i never been through anything like this before

but history shows it happens about every ten years regardless

In the end the market always bounces back eventually

but many investors are gonna quit and give up

The longs will win in the end

Jeremy has preached long game since day one

Sugarbush

Sucka Free
Supporter
Daps
i never been through anything like this before

but history shows it happens about every ten years regardless

In the end the market always bounces back eventually

but many investors are gonna quit and give up

The longs will win in the end

Jeremy has preached long game since day one
You think the MMs tryna shake out all the new retail investors?:patrice:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You think the MMs tryna shake out all the new retail investors?:patrice:
It’s how they make money.

They got all the time in the world. And they know retail is impatient/anxious.

When the market is good retail is throwing all their money in raising prices.

Big money pulls out profits which causes prices to go down, retail panic sells which cause the price to go back down further.

Big money then jumps back in a discounted prices and waits for retail to come back and run up the prices again.

Rinse and repeat.

There’s literally no other reason for the stock market to behave the ways it’s been.