Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I read your post and think why would I pay for anything from a random guy on YouTube? I mean really who is that guy? All that stuff is "for entertainment purposes only and he's not a financial advisor" so them paying him money to be "entertained" by him doesn't obligate him to tailor his strategies to appease them.

That guy is always selling courses and stuff. Why would I take a course form a random guy with an opinion? If I take a college course I can at least get credit towards a diploma. Taking a class from a person that isn't necessarily qualified to teach anything is stupid if you're paying them for it.

This is one of those instances where people signed up for some bullshyt and got what they paid for. I just watched that video and he claims he sold out of everything and plans to buy back in about 60 days or less. Not what I would have done but whatever.

If I was going to take advice from anyone on YouTube without questioning their qualifications I'd go with this guy. He at least sounds sensible.

Meet Kevin was a YouTube attention whore dying his hair every neon color under the sun talking about buying the dip and he's a multimillionaire throwing money at every hot and trendy stock that popped up. I never really got the sense he had a nailed down strategy. I remember back when he'd flood YouTube with constant stimulus videos back when that whole thing was going. He just does whatever grabs attention. I'm sorry so many people weren't smart enough to pick up on that.

i really like joseph carlson. he doesn't get caught up in any hype stocks and he's a big follower of peter lynch and warren buffett so is all about valuations, moats and future growth.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i really like joseph carlson. he doesn't get caught up in any hype stocks and he's a big follower of peter lynch and warren buffett so is all about valuations, moats and future growth.
My investment strategy is somewhat closer to his. Most of my holdings are Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, and JP Morgan Chase.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a borderline boomer style investor. He usually buys companies that pay dividends and have a proven track record to be quality. Apple, Microsoft, Costco. It's a safe style that's not glorious but it still pays. He does have a smaller spinoff for tech companies and some cloud companies that don't pay dividends but it's still mostly safe stuff like Google and Amazon.

He's the guy that will tell you not to buy stuff like SoFi.
Yea after glimpse of his brokerage he has a lot safe investments. It will make money but at a slow pace but VERY SAFE. Thinks for posting that link, I like looking at all aspects of trading. If u already have money those are definitely the choices to make

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Everybody waiting on tomorrow, market just trading sideways now...

Tesla Earnings
J Powell Speaking at 2PM

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m buying more Microsoft but only half of what I want
My theory is if earnings doesn’t go well it’ll just drop to like $254 which isn’t so bad but if it does well it’ll climb back up to $300

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
on my tech message boards, everyone's TC getting slaughtered by this stock meltdown...cats who were bragging about 400k TC whining about being "poor" with only a 200k TC outlook for the year :mjlol:

Dis me :mjcry:

It's made even worse by the fact that I just used my annual bonus to frontload/fully fund my 401k for the year. So the $20.5k I just invested 2 weeks ago has already took a big haircut

It's retirement account so I ain't sweating it too much but it still has me feeling :feedme: