Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
So there's another problem that may do severe harm to the US economy and that's BNSF potential strike. It could be as soon as Feb 1st. That's when their coporate new attendance policy starts. It's pretty extreme and the workers hate it. They were already being overworked, missing holidays, and major family events.

:martin:

That will slow things way down for the Western U.S. There's only 2 major train lines covering west of the Mississippi to Cali. BNSF is one of them. Shutting down will have things backed up at the ports.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watch his videos occasionally. I don't think he does. If you take advice from just a guy with a camera on YouTube and shyt goes south that was your choice. He's a multimillionaire regardless of the market he'll be aight. Same with Financial Education. If he points me at a stock and I buy it, which I have in multiple cases, that's on me.

i would say his paying members of his discord have to be upset, he basically switched everything up without warning

:russ:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i would say his paying members of his discord have to be upset, he basically switched everything up without warning

:russ:
I read your post and think why would I pay for anything from a random guy on YouTube? I mean really who is that guy? All that stuff is "for entertainment purposes only and he's not a financial advisor" so them paying him money to be "entertained" by him doesn't obligate him to tailor his strategies to appease them.

That guy is always selling courses and stuff. Why would I take a course form a random guy with an opinion? If I take a college course I can at least get credit towards a diploma. Taking a class from a person that isn't necessarily qualified to teach anything is stupid if you're paying them for it.

This is one of those instances where people signed up for some bullshyt and got what they paid for. I just watched that video and he claims he sold out of everything and plans to buy back in about 60 days or less. Not what I would have done but whatever.

If I was going to take advice from anyone on YouTube without questioning their qualifications I'd go with this guy. He at least sounds sensible.

Meet Kevin was a YouTube attention whore dying his hair every neon color under the sun talking about buying the dip and he's a multimillionaire throwing money at every hot and trendy stock that popped up. I never really got the sense he had a nailed down strategy. I remember back when he'd flood YouTube with constant stimulus videos back when that whole thing was going. He just does whatever grabs attention. I'm sorry so many people weren't smart enough to pick up on that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I read your post and think why would I pay for anything from a random guy on YouTube? I mean really who is that guy? All that stuff is "for entertainment purposes only and he's not a financial advisor" so them paying him money to be "entertained" by him doesn't obligate him to tailor his strategies to appease them.

That guy is always selling courses and stuff. Why would I take a course form a random guy with an opinion? If I take a college course I can at least get credit towards a diploma. Taking a class from a person that isn't necessarily qualified to teach anything is stupid if you're paying them for it.

This is one of those instances where people signed up for some bullshyt and got what they paid for. I just watched that video and he claims he sold out of everything and plans to buy back in about 60 days or less. Not what I would have done but whatever.

If I was going to take advice from anyone on YouTube without questioning their qualifications I'd go with this guy. He at least sounds sensible.

Meet Kevin was a YouTube attention whore dying his hair every neon color under the sun talking about buying the dip and he's a multimillionaire throwing money at every hot and trendy stock that popped up. I never really got the sense he had a nailed down strategy. I remember back when he'd flood YouTube with constant stimulus videos back when that whole thing was going. He just does whatever grabs attention. I'm sorry so many people weren't smart enough to pick up on that.

Just cause you got some sense dont mean everyone else does.

If he built his following off Hodl, at the very least he owed his followers an explanation before he sold everything.

Dude is already made for life and just taking advantage of people trying to be like him.

Dude deserves any hate he gets going forward.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just cause you got some sense dont mean everyone else does.

If he built his following off Hodl, at the very least he owed his followers an explanation before he sold everything.

Dude is already made for life and just taking advantage of people trying to be like him.

Dude deserves any hate he gets going forward.
It's not about having sense it's about listening to what the guy says. When he says I'm not a financial advisor and this isn't financial advice take him at his word. If you pay an entertainer money to entertain you you shouldn't feel like they have an obligation to live their life the way you desire or answer to you.

What this really boils down to is him taking advantage of lazy people that want someone else to make their decisions for them. They want him to do the research and tell them what moves to make and when those moves don't pan out they want to blame him because they chose to follow him.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's not about having sense it's about listening to what the guy says. When he says I'm not a financial advisor and this isn't financial advice take him at his word. If you pay an entertainer money to entertain you you shouldn't feel like they have an obligation to live their life the way you desire or answer to you.

What this really boils down to is him taking advantage of lazy people that want someone else to make their decisions for them. They want him to do the research and tell them what moves to make and when those moves don't pan out they want to blame him because they chose to follow him.
Yeah. And those “lazy” people are mad at him, as they should :manny:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Do you follow this guy? whats he about?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah. And those “lazy” people are mad at him, as they should :manny:
And what I'm saying is they should be mad at themselves. Their anger at him is just a mechanism for them to avoid taking personal responsibility for a decision they made.

If a person walks up to you and effectively says I am not a credible source of advice on this subject you shouldn't listen to me but I want to sell you advice anyway and you pay them that's on you.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Do you follow this guy? whats he about?
He's a borderline boomer style investor. He usually buys companies that pay dividends and have a proven track record to be quality. Apple, Microsoft, Costco. It's a safe style that's not glorious but it still pays. He does have a smaller spinoff for tech companies and some cloud companies that don't pay dividends but it's still mostly safe stuff like Google and Amazon.

He's the guy that will tell you not to buy stuff like SoFi.