Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And what I'm saying is they should be mad at themselves. Their anger at him is just a mechanism for them to avoid taking personal responsibility for a decision they made.

If a person walks up to you and effectively says I am not a credible source of advice on this subject you shouldn't listen to me but I want to sell you advice anyway and you pay them that's on you.
The “I’m not a financial adviser” thing is bullshyt.

We all understand that people just say it to cover their own ass, but you yourself just said you’ve taken his advice at times.

He’s literally selling financial advice. Those that subscribe to him are not wrong for expecting him to follow the advice he’s sold them. Or at the very least to not pull the rug from underneath them when it suits his own needs.

Again I agree with you that people shouldn’t be following people like him with their financial lives, but on the flip side of it, people like him shouldn’t be enriching themselves by taking advantage of said people.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The “I’m not a financial adviser” thing is bullshyt.

We all understand that people just say it to cover their own ass, but you yourself just said you’ve taken his advice at times.

He’s literally selling financial advice. Those that subscribe to him are not wrong for expecting him to follow the advice he’s sold them. Or at the very least to not pull the rug from underneath them when it suits his own needs.

Again I agree with you that people shouldn’t be following people like him with their financial lives, but on the flip side of it, people like him shouldn’t be enriching themselves by taking advantage of said people.
It absolutely is but at the same time it's the truth. He's in the business of selling financial advice to people who are so lazy he can say upfront he's not a financial advisor and to not take his financial advice seriously and they'll still pay him for it because it's easier than them learning how to value companies and doing the work themselves.

After he pointed out the company on one of his videos I looked into Matterport and bought it. Yeah I listen to people and if I like something I go with it but at the same time I know I decided to do it. I also didn't pay him a dime.

The people paying him money should be buying index funds with that money if they don't want to do the work or take the risk of going their own way.

Reign X

Pro
Daps
I don’t watch meet Kevin outside of maybe two videos or so ever, but ya he deserves the hate.

I bought some more avant today and will again if price stays low.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there were lots of days like yesterday in the 2000s tech bubble, what you really need is follow through to confirm any bottoming. There's also FOMC tomorrow, lots of volatility. It's quite honestly not a good idea to do anything right now unless you absolutely know what you're doing and most don't, myself included.