Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I told yall in another post, few things:

1. invest money you dont need right now
2. invest in blue chips, companies that will have you sleeping easy at night, companies that have a history of bouncing back.
3. get away from the phone and avoid any panic selling.

Im not expert either, I just use common sense

lib123

All Star
Daps
so like i said, expect perfect timing...

you got it breh...as overstated and cheesy as it is, there's a reason the whole "time in the market beats timing the market" pops up in every investing thread. I'll DCA...plenty of more people have missed gains waiting for some phantom bottom as opposed to DCA'ing on the way down and up...

Those people waited for the bottom while the market was rising. It's completely different waiting for the bottom while it's declining, especially this sharply. People and institutions have gone broke trying to catch falling knives.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I told yall in another post, few things:

1. invest money you dont need right now
2. invest in blue chips, companies that will have you sleeping easy at night, companies that have a history of bouncing back.
3. get away from the phone and avoid any panic selling.

I’m trying to do the opposite. Tryna avoid panic buying lmao.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
I feel for the brehs who are going to owe on cap gains from last year soon and are getting raped right now. Luckily (or not...), I didn't sell much last year.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel for the brehs who are going to owe on cap gains from last year soon and are getting raped right now. Luckily (or not...), I didn't sell much last year.
That's why you separate a portion for Uncle Sam after every gain.

I've been using this site as a "calculator" to estimate my short term capital gains tax

2022 Capital Gains Tax Calculator - See What You'll Owe - SmartAsset

I compared it to the taxes I paid last year and it was pretty accurate, so I use it after every gain.

:manny: