Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lol you realize people said the same thing in 2000, right? Then it took 13 years for Nasdaq to recover. 2020 was an aberration. Inflation won't allow the Fed to stimulate as aggressively.
while true, you do realize there was a second crash...some people learn, deleveraged and got out before the full crash in 08...that said, unless you were 50+ in the 00 crash or had everything in high-risk zero profit companies, you were able to make moves to recover. I got 20-30 years before I foresee myself needing to use this money, I'm gonna be ok.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
i mean theres no way they can have bad earnings right?

It's not about them having just bad earnings. In this climate, they gotta have perfect earnings and then deliver on outlook...if they pull back on 2022 guidance in any way, it's lights out. They will be punished.

My personal guess is Apple and Tesla get clapped this week pushing us towards a bottom as SPY go deep correction territory and Nasdaq completely gives up it's 2021 gains. I could be super wrong but this seems like the likely scenario to me.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
We now have the worst month in stock market history

not worse month in a decade

not worse month in 25 years

not worse month in 50 years

worse month in history that’s just wow

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
It's not so much about bad earnings as much as expectations / forward guidance relative to the current valuation.
yeah this they could have slight drop or just make earnings or say we're expecting fewer sales next quarter and it'll drop
hell I ordered a MacBook in January and I'm being told I'm not getting it until march :unimpressed:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Trader :russ: all I did was invest weekly the entire market has been destroyed no trading did this
The Nasdaq was up 148% since Covid hit in March 2020.

If you were approaching things as a an investor instead of a trader, you would know that the markets are overbought, and would've either limited your risk, or remained content because you are focused on the long term

lib123

All Star
Daps
I don't benchmark against the NASDAQ nor do I have short-term investment goals. The alternative definitely isn't to sit in cash for years (for me).

The alternative is to wait for bubble to burst then invest. People who waited until 2003 instead of 'buying the dips' in 2000 made exponentially greater returns.

lib123

All Star
Daps
while true, you do realize there was a second crash...some people learn, deleveraged and got out before the full crash in 08...that said, unless you were 50+ in the 00 crash or had everything in high-risk zero profit companies, you were able to make moves to recover. I got 20-30 years before I foresee myself needing to use this money, I'm gonna be ok.

Yeah you were able to recover but your returns would've been exponentially greater if you waited to invest until after bubble burst.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
The Nasdaq was up 148% since Covid hit in March 2020.

If you were approaching things as a an investor instead of a trader, you would know that the markets are overbought, and would've either limited your risk, or remained content because you are focused on the long term
I know you are completely correct I just didn’t expect this kinda flush but yes long term is the goal