Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I remember two years ago when this pandemic started and we all were saying long as we just buy and hold everything will work out LT

two years later we are in 10 times the worst situation and most portfolios have been destroyed

I gotta imagine retirement accounts are being destroyed and this is gonna lead to even bigger bear sentiment

You gotta take profit bruh at some point on that type of runup, even if you're just taking a third off the table.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Next Tuesday and Wednesday gonna definitely set it off...in which direction? I have no idea. Clinch ya cheeks and hold tight bruhs :sadcam:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
what's next week? earnings or fed news?

The buggyman pulling up to the crime scene :sadcam:

time-100-Jerome-Powell.jpg

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nah, but forreal tho...if Jerome Powell say they gonna raise rates during next week FED meetings and give the exact day, we probably get that crash in the Nasdaq. Nasdaq 100 already down about 14-15% so that will definitely gap up down past 20%.

But IMO, that would get us closer to a bottom cause that shyt gone crash everything to the point he'll have to say we won't get as many hikes this year to keep from destroying an economy that's really being propped up by the money retail is making in the stock market, IMO.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
You gotta take profit bruh at some point on that type of runup, even if you're just taking a third off the table.
I learned that lesson but still if investing is like Barry sanders I keep taking 5 yard TFL but I know I got a 89 yard TD in me :mjlit:

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
you're overreacting a bit, if you invested well during the 2020 dip - when portfolios and 401k's were nosediving, you're still up now. the only shyt fukked for me are the growth stocks where i opened big positions or bought a lot in Nov 2020-Feb 2021 after HUGE run ups - those stocks keep and keep dumping. megacaps, non tech, things i'm holding from 2017 etc is still fine

you also gotta believe we'll be in a completely different place 2-3 years from now, it'll be ok, just don't keep doubling down on all the stuff with zero profits
Let me hold like 5 dollars I’m trying to average down

Da_Eggman

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
oh, i'm broke...i'm talking all this calm shyt but down 100k in under 3 months :damn:
What’s inflation look like in your area ? I know it’s already an expensive area to begin with

I went to get a energy drink before the gym dude said it’s 4.12 for one drink! :damn:

I use to be able to get a full value meal at Wendy’s with that :to:

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I remember two years ago when this pandemic started and we all were saying long as we just buy and hold everything will work out LT

two years later we are in 10 times the worst situation and most portfolios have been destroyed

I gotta imagine retirement accounts are being destroyed and this is gonna lead to even bigger bear sentiment
Like @chineebai said... im going to look to move 401k to bonds vs target date which is mostly stock