Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
What price points do you look at for LEAPs? I'm trying to keep my money in options <<$200 a contract.
Its going to depend on what stock you are looking at. $200 per contract will put you in shorter term plays tho. My apple contract I bought today at $1000

The further out you go with expirations the higher the contract price will be.

I look at my target expiration/strike price on thinkorswim then use barchart and look at the option price history to see what others have paid in the last 3 months.

After that its about setting my limit order.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I do long term options (LEAPS) for this reason,

I got burned on some shorter term plays and learned my lesson :russ:

all contracts I currently own expire in 2022 or 2023.

The LEAPS I bought at the peak just before COVID hit were all profitable by the end of the Summer. That's what convinced me LEAPS were the way to go.

@dora_da_destroyer
Look up Rolling 4’s. That’s the strategy I follow and it’s very lucrative

I never heard of this before. I looked this up and I realized I actually do something pretty similar. Except, I don't roll on a schedule. Instead, what I do is, whenever I get deep in the money, I roll to "At" the money. If the LEAP is going up really fast, I might end up rolling...and then rolling AGAIN soon afterwards.
I'm not rolling based on time, I'm rolling based on price. At first to the same expiration date, then later on to a date one year further out.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That’s interesting since how much Mulan bombed
Mulan didn't really bomb because of Disney+. Overseas box office numbers were rough. The claim is opening weekend it did $35 million on Disney+. Mulan probably wasn't a profitable movie for Disney but it probably shouldn't have had a $200 million budget either.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i regret selling hofv for a scalp but im back in dss at a lower price, ill either try to get another 3% scalp
or maybe hodl til thurs to see if a pr comes

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mulan didn't really bomb because of Disney+. Overseas box office numbers were rough. The claim is opening weekend it did $35 million on Disney+. Mulan probably wasn't a profitable movie for Disney but it probably shouldn't have had a $200 million budget either.

Sure it bombed, they decided to make it and tried a experiment when the theaters shut down. I believe streaming directly is the future of movie releases but we are not there yet. The good thing about mulan is that Disney probably didn’t even flinch.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sure it bombed, they decided to make it and tried a experiment when the theaters shut down. I believe streaming directly is the future of movie releases but we are not there yet. The good thing about mulan is that Disney probably didn’t even flinch.
It didn't bomb because of Disney+ though. It bombed because if flopped overseas. That being said I still haven't watched it and it's available at no extra charge. I doubt Black Widow has that fate.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Mulan was considered a dud in its original 1998 release and was the beginning of Disney’s second or third animated decline. The movie wasn’t ever a fan fave so redoing it, it didn’t have the same nostalgia as stuff like jungle book, lion king and Aladdin, plus charging for it. You got more people who’ll watch widow - families and childless adults. Cruella might be an L tho lol