Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
All of my Options are either 2-3 months out or leaps. I am getting wrecked at the moment. Time or not..the volatility is making it rough for anybody involved with Options.
BNGO $10 strike mid April--getting torched. ROOT 12.50 strike mid April is up $75.

Look for stocks that have taken a serious beating over the past month or so, and write an option for the next month or two. Keep em under $150 and you're really limiting your risk.

Just my 2 cents of course. Also using screener to see who has higher volume in the past few days is a way to win

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
BNGO $10 strike mid April--getting torched. ROOT 12.50 strike mid April is up $75.

Look for stocks that have taken a serious beating over the past month or so, and write an option for the next month or two. Keep em under $150 and you're really limiting your risk.

Just my 2 cents of course. Also using screener to see who has higher volume in the past few days is a way to win

got broke off on 2 calls last Friday. :mjcry:

Got a call coming up where I'm up 200 right now though. I need a win somewhere :mjcry:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
quote-there-is-time-to-go-long-time-to-go-short-and-time-to-go-fishing-jesse-lauriston-livermore-99-2-0242.jpg

your avi :laff:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
that's what's killing me, holding short term plays that can't run because of this market so i can't sell. then my longs aint bargains.

not sure how brehs trade options in this market - does the volatility or uncertainty affect you? is it better to buy contracts further out given the short term instability?

and i'm not really looking to swing, buying and selling the same thing over and over doesn't seem tax efficient. might as well just hold. when i'm out, i'm out
spaclife, warrant g's on life support :sadcam:
I do long term options (LEAPS) for this reason,

I got burned on some shorter term plays and learned my lesson :russ:

all contracts I currently own expire in 2022 or 2023.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when u buy the contract and at what strike?
I bought the contract during September QW. It was at trading slightly below 20. 45 strike price.

I’m rolling it over

Whenever I swing trade is I never buy one hundred shares anymore(unless it’s 10 dollars or cheaper), i jsut do a leap option, it’s cheaper than buying one hundred outright and more efficient