Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
Bought some shares just under 8.70 earlier, let's see how this goes :manny:

i have shares at 5.50 ive been sitting on a while and like this company longterm.. i want to add 1/21/22 calls but dont know when the best time is... i guess it doesnt really matter as if it drops id just average them down

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
My longs are obviously frustrating there's nothing to do but just wait..

But @dora_da_destroyer i think there's good swing potential here. My obvious Go To is MARA... i've made more swinging that than i think i will longterm here.. it's just the obvious because bitcoin is so volatile that MARA produces 10-15% either direction consistently..

i did that for a minute with TSLA before i just bought and held but that's a case where maybe i should have just held. MARA isn't something that i'm looking 3-5 years at.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My longs are obviously frustrating there's nothing to do but just wait..

But @dora_da_destroyer i think there's good swing potential here. My obvious Go To is MARA... i've made more swinging that than i think i will longterm here.. it's just the obvious because bitcoin is so volatile that MARA produces 10-15% either direction consistently..

i did that for a minute with TSLA before i just bought and held but that's a case where maybe i should have just held. MARA isn't something that i'm looking 3-5 years at.
yea, MARA (and RIOT) are things I'm holding until BTC hits a certain PT. I got sucked into thinking BTC could hit 100k, so I'm just holding those until (near) then, but I see how you'd make more buying back in and selling. But my MARA CB is too low to exit in one account, I brought it down to $17 during that crash in Jan

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
that's what's killing me, holding short term plays that can't run because of this market so i can't sell. then my longs aint bargains.

not sure how brehs trade options in this market - does the volatility or uncertainty affect you? is it better to buy contracts further out given the short term instability?

and i'm not really looking to swing, buying and selling the same thing over and over doesn't seem tax efficient. might as well just hold. when i'm out, i'm out
spaclife, warrant g's on life support :sadcam:

All of my Options are either 2-3 months out or leaps. I am getting wrecked at the moment. Time or not..the volatility is making it rough for anybody involved with Options.