Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t get that impression...seems like they’re saying it’s imperative to find a way and do everything within your power to save/grind in order to get that first $100k cuz it’s the hardest...then after that you can “slow down” the grind a bit bcuz it gets relatively easier after that

Most people arent sniffing 100k in liquid assets till they 40s or you got some in demand high paying gig.

shyt if u have more than 1k on hand u literally doing better than a majority of americans. Its shocking how bad folks are wit money.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Alot of people have said it's harder to reach 100k than 1 million. Only because all it takes is one trade when you're starting out to completely wipe you out and you start over again. Where with 100k you have more capital to make it up despite needing 900k to reach a million

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most people arent sniffing 100k in liquid assets till they 40s or you got some in demand high paying gig.

shyt if u have more than 1k on hand u literally doing better than a majority of americans. Its shocking how bad folks are wit money.

not disagreeing in the least...no one is saying/implying it is easy tho...the quote starts off with dude literally saying it’s “a bytch” to do so

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Shouldn't it be the first 1mil? :jbhmm:

100k is all about changing the lifestyle. But 1mil is all about having a very good financial situation and investing in a good stock. :manny:
As you build to $100K it's mostly you doing the heavy lifting. Once you've acquired $100K your assets take some of that weight off you. I didn't reach $100K in net worth until about age 34-35. Not having a house to fall back on didn't help. Now my net worth is pretty close to $200K and I'm 37. I find it to be climbing at a staggering rate now. Within 2-3 years I added almost another $100K to my net worth.

Most people if you don't include their home in their net worth it's next to nothing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

That's a tall order. 300% of the entire industry today in 4 years. That means we're either looking at a massive expansion in the industry or Tesla is massively going to expand beyond it. Within 4 years EVs are unlikely to be the majority of cars sold.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I love Tesla more then anybody else but that comment is just absurd

i mean I’m not going to bet against it. I figure somewhere between the bearish and middle will be where it lands and I think that was over $1700 a share...the insurance, energy, autonomous, and different Vehicle types I can see it beasting.

but kind of makes me curious what people think NIO, CCIV, and VW can get to.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
As you build to $100K it's mostly you doing the heavy lifting. Once you've acquired $100K your assets take some of that weight off you. I didn't reach $100K in net worth until about age 34-35. Not having a house to fall back on didn't help. Now my net worth is pretty close to $200K and I'm 37. I find it to be climbing at a staggering rate now. Within 2-3 years I added almost another $100K to my net worth.

Most people if you don't include their home in their net worth it's next to nothing.

i guess you are right if you put it that way. but from my experience those who have 100k almost never get to 1mil because they don't invest. they are happy with what they have and just don't care about investing.

from investing perspective i always thought it's easier to get 100k because you can risk more. but after certain point you become too diversified and be more defensive.