Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
TD breh. Two years out. $700/per contract.
Thanks breh. Gonna open an account with TD with my stimmy.

Entertainment wise............That's a no brainer to me. Will probably cop it, then not look until '22

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It such bullshyt they called that a DPO. When you only list it to funds that's not direct. I hope RBLX stock gets fukked b/c of that, but I doubt it will. If it follows the IPO pattern and dips below its original cost ($60, not 45) I will begrudgingly add $20 a paycheck from the m1
where did you see they only listed it to funds?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
BABA and BIDU are my only current positions in the red. i'm down $8k on BABA :mjcry: my leaps went from worth 5k each in october to now close to 1k each. i hope they can turn it around but it seems like CCP going hard on that anti-trust shyt compared to USA.
keep seeing bad news about BABA, saw their app got pulled from a bunch of various china app stores. i haven't followed why or how china's govt decided to target them, but it just seems like they're really out to make and example of them

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
where did you see they only listed it to funds?
Oh of course I'm just speculating. I have no idea what actually happened :yeshrug:

I just know that it was supposed to be direct (to the market), so for them to say $45 and have some people get it at the lowest at $60.xx isn't direct.

My guess is that ARK didn't pay the $60 cost, but were some of the people who were able to get in at $45. Just spec. though.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Oh of course I'm just speculating. I have no idea what actually happened :yeshrug:

I just know that it was supposed to be direct (to the market), so for them to say $45 and have some people get it at the lowest at $60.xx isn't direct.

My guess is that ARK didn't pay the $60 cost, but were some of the people who were able to get in at $45. Just spec. though.
it's still direct, the opening price is driven up by demand. some direct listings institutions shun - PLTR - some they buy up just like retail - RBLX. if you only have 45M shares and 60M asks with a limit price of $60, it opens higher than its listing price even as a direct listing. every tech hawk, parent and institution wanted in on RBLX.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
WMG and GTT charts look like they're ready to go, TLGT could be a good play tomorrow too.

Notley

Pro
Daps
The volatility of SoFi amazes me. It's constantly up and down even intraday.

Any ideas why Ark hasn't invested? When stocks went on sale two weeks ago, I thought they would buy it.

I swear I remember Cathie mentioning SoFi by name when she talked about disruption long before SoFi decided to go public.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Any ideas why Ark hasn't invested? When stocks went on sale two weeks ago, I thought they would buy it.

I swear I remember Cathie mentioning SoFi by name when she talked about disruption long before SoFi decided to go public.
Do they buy SPACs pre-merger? The deal could technically still fall through.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate you bears, we have had plenty of sliding already this year :martin:
did some rebalancing, i still have another 50 grand to throw in :lolbron:

think ill be doing it this week if the market doesnt like the powell meeting. then just letting it sit for the '21 recovery :ahh:

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For those of you that use Robin Hood (for at least one of your accounts), did you take advantage of their feature on the app where they directly can input your information into TurboTax?

Was it a seamless process or were there any headaches involved with it?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do they buy SPACs pre-merger? The deal could technically still fall through.

ya they have...IPOB and LGVW come to mind immediately...I suspect they’re waiting for it to be finalized tho...why? idk when they’ve went in on pre-mergers in the past

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL